Sign in to follow this  
tidyjet

Dry Ice Blasting Power Wash Alternative

Has anybody got any experience with dry ice blasting?

Looks efficient.

No water - can use where you don't want water like in interior spaces, mold abatement and electric motors etc.

I think it's impressive because there's no moisture involved.

But maybe it's not cost effective.

Pretty impressive.

paul

Pretty neat stuff. This would be good for someone that wanted to get into the fire rehab business. Black soot on brick walls and etc. No water/recovery issue or contamination problems.

Can't see the convience of this for the everyday power washer but if one were to "think outside the box", then this could open some doors. We considered about 1.5 years ago to try to get into this ~ fire clean-up ~ but it never went anywhere.

Ken,

Curious about a average price a hood/exhause cleaner charges. I know there is a ton of variables that you guys must consider but I always wondered with the market is for that.

Thanks

Dry ice cleaning is not new, saw a demo back in 1999 and although it works ti is very expensive to use, just the cost of dry ice in bulk can run more then the average job using water.

There are times and places for it and for the companies that can afford the equipment and dry ice I am sure they do very well.

Ken,

Curious about a average price a hood/exhause cleaner charges. I know there is a ton of variables that you guys must consider but I always wondered with the market is for that.

Thanks

Carlos,

I count fans, filters, and linear feet of duct and canopy. Factors that can change the estimate are installing access panels or fan hinge kits, excessive grease buildup, leaky ductwork, and updrafts mounted on a steep roof. For a two man crew, single account, it works out to about $130 the first hour, and $100/hr after that. A first time cleaning is where you usually take a bath on profit. I try to upcharge on first cleanings but it rarely works out.

Sometimes the company will dictate its price. A certain fast food chain won't go over $250 but the volume makes up the difference. There is huge money to be made in KEC, but I am not a big fan of the work.

A dry ice machine is VERY expensive. They can easily run 75-100k for a large high volume machine.

Benefits:huge reduction in down time vs conventional cleaning in a manufacturing enviroment, non-destructive cleaning, no residual clean up, no waste water ect.