Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Which Cleaners/strippers/neutralizers are you going to use in 2005?

What are your wood restoration product(s) of choice for 2005?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What are your wood restoration product(s) of choice for 2005?

• A.B.R. Products
    • Bio Wash Products
    • Cabot Products
    • Defy Products
    • Delco's Products
    • Extreme Solutions Products
    • Flood Products
    • Pressure Tek Products
    • Sun Brite Products
    • TimberPro Products
    • Other: Please describe in thread...
    • Wolman Products
    • R.P.C. Brand Chemicals Products

Question

Heres a great opportunity to let everyone know why you think their product is the best.

We encourage vendors to look in and see what the feedback is here and participate.

If the product you use is not listed in the poll, please include the name of it in the thread when you reply.

Thanks! :)

Rod~

21 answers to this question

Roof Magic and Roof Magic 2X from Rowlett Pressure Cleaning Service - SH for stripping and roof cleaning. Oxalic Acid in bulk from TheChemistryStore.Com to neutralize and for rust removal.

I have tried others and been disappointed.

from what little I have used of extremesolutions I have been happy with so I am gonna try to stick mostly with them. I will also keep with the products I get from my local distributers. Been mostly using TWP stain but want to try out Ready seal and try to be able to use more Wood Tux as I liked it the few times I've used it. But I have loved the HD 80. I am gonna have to order more real soon! It sucks that I missed the sale but I cant buy it with my Good looks! ha

Cleaners - F13 and EFC38

Strippers F18 and HD80

Brightner/Neutralizer RPC Deck Brite Oxallic blend.

All the chems listed above have proven very useful to me for the wood I do. But, as always if something else comes along that the manufacturer will let me test under my own controls, I will give it a shot.

We use Extreme Solutions products for wood restoration. HD-80, EFC-38 and citralic neutralizer/brightener.

As most know, we have used these products extensively and get great results...truly a contractor grade product line.

We are also working with Pressure Tek products F-18, F-10 and F-08 and field testing them for recommendation.

The results obtained so far with Pressure Tek's products have been positive.

Either line would make a great addition to anyones restoration arsenal.

Rod~

Tony....if you can, tell me a little more of your ideas of TimberPro vs. HD and EFC....... pros and cons if you will (other than $$$$ which is NICE too)

thinking of possibly going that way too.........

I had to vote "other" because I use ZEP superflash for my concrete and get my Oxylic from a local chemical store. I would love to try other concrete cleaners but shipping and handling always kills me.

I am curious about the TimberPro products as well. I was wondering if they were exactly like HD-80, EFC-38 or like the F series. Are the TimberPro products exactly like that, just with a fancy TimberPro label? I will appreciate a response. Thanks!

The TimberPro products are a very good line. Are they exactly like HD-80 or F series? I'd say only the manufacturers know exactly what is in their products. There are ingrediants not listed on a MSDS, so it's impossible to say for sure.

I can say that HD-80 & TimberStrip are very comparable in performance. I use both extensively.

I have not yet used F-18, but soon will.

I am curious about the TimberPro products as well. I was wondering if they were exactly like HD-80, EFC-38 or like the F series. Are the TimberPro products exactly like that, just with a fancy TimberPro label? I will appreciate a response. Thanks!

We just used the TimberStrip to remove 2 layers of Cabots Siding stain that was on a deck....worked like a dream !!!

Just a reminder.....

When stripping there are some things a SH based product may remove, and some things that it won't. This is why knowing what you are going to strip helps so much.

Rule of thumb, if it is an oil, including tung, linseed, paraffinic, alkyd, etc. a SH stripper should work.

If it is a Polymer resin, it forms a film, but will still melt like an oil, dwell longer, mix stronger.

If it is an acrylic or latex - May or may not work ( depends on age and number of coats), test and dwell long, this will turn rubbery, not melt.

Hope this all helps. :cup:

Beth

Great advice, Beth and Rod. The super-strong strippers can work on latex and acrylic products, but the dwell time oftens turns out to be as long as an hour or more. Patience, and a test patch during the estimate process, will save your day.

Timberpro again. Used it all last year and so far this year. Timberstrip Pro and HD-80 are very similar. EFC-38 and Timberclean Pro are very similar. I like the timberpro pruducts because the ship 30lb tubs vs. the 10lb tubs. Brian, i'm surprised you are using Timberpro LOL.