Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Story Time.

Question

Once upon a time in a nice little forest, there lived an orphaned bunny and an orphaned snake. By a surprising coincidence, both were blind from birth.

One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and fell down. This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit.

"Oh, my, said the bunny, "'I'm terribly sorry; I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am."

"It's quite OK," relied the snake. "Actually, my story is much the same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth, and also never knew my mother.

Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you."

"Oh, that would be wonderful,” replied the bunny. So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered with soft fur, you have really long ears, your nose twitches, and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit.

"Oh thank you! Thank you," cried the bunny, in obvious excitement. The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me."

So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue, no backbone, and no balls. I'd say you must be French.

26 answers to this question

Jon thats a cute story and I like it alot however I dont think its appropriate on this board as it could be considered slamming. Their maybe some here that are french descendants and may not be so funny to them so maybe it should be deleted. I believe the rules on this board are no slamming or unrulely comments thats what I was told anyway

I think you could put absolutely anything you want in place of "French" , however I believe Jon is referring to the current events concerning France. Besides , I think Jon is an equal opportunity offender anyway, I'll probably be next. LOL

Everett I agree but slamming is slamming and rules are rules so if you let one go then you got to let them all go right. If the rules apply to one then they should be enforced by and to all.

Below is the direct quote from Beth

It is policy on this BBS not to bash, or post inflamatory remarks. All moderators have the right to edit posts should they deem necessary, and they also have our support.

I dont know but I would consider this inflamatory remarks wouldnt you.

I look at it, and see a joke. In light of recent world events we all can use a little laughter. I don't see any slamming whatsoever.

I think the point Beth was making is not to slam other board members, or to speak about products in a way you cannot backup.

Lighten up Morgan.

It's in the correct forum, and doesn't contain explicit language. Morgan, are you French? If you are French and find it offensive, please let us know. Otherwise, it has been read as a joke, in light of recent world events.

How is everything in Tenn.? You guys should be really busy now, since I'll bet your season is about a month ahead of ours. Hope it's booming for you. :) I think this is going to be a great year.

Just ordered the Hurricane brush from Sun Brite to try, and also ordered the Makita sander from Greg. Can't wait to use them.

Beth

It was posted as a joke and not meant to offend anyone.

Seems everyone here understood that too.

I am not about slamming Morgan, well other then to "get" Everett:D

Jon

Come on Jon you just hate the French-face it. I am French and I hate the French. Even on a good day the French are so self absorbed into their own self importance. We could go on-I think Morgan was putting us on. The French were created,so that we would have a world filled with problems they helped create.

David:D

Forget it guys I have been in a bad mood the last couple of weeks I got laid off from my full time job and lost my health insurance is going to cost me around $50,000 a yr I think thats enough to put anybody in a bad mood. I will move on and try to get my head back on straight.

Morgan I thought you did pressure washing and sweeping full time.

Did not know you had a full time job also, sorry to hear you got laid off it.

Anything I can do just ask and if I can help I will.

Jon

I am very sorry to hear of those turn of events , I wish you well. If it helps in NJ the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is now offering benefits to business owners. Perhaps you could contact the BBB in your area and see if they have a similar program. I hope that helps.

I have been a machinist for 14 yrs and the company is closing. I am full time Pressure washer now. As for the insurance the company I worked for is closing down going bankrupt and they owe the insurance company $30,000 thats not a typo either. They will not offer us cobra until the bill is paid and the company cant pay the bill they couldnt even make our pay checks good two weeks ago had to wait a week for it to be good so what do you do.

To show you how bad this is for me let me give you a little history lesson on my family. I was born with a VSD which is a hole in the heart I had it repaired at 18months old and now have high blood pressure at the age of 34. My 11 yr old daughter was born with multiple VSD's doctor said her lowed chamber of her heart looked like swiss cheese. She had to have surgery two yrs ago and they were unable to repair the holes so they did reconstuctive surgery called a Fontain opertion. She spent 5 weeks in ICU and had a heart attach. They decided she needed a pace maker so they put one in her. After a yr the lead wire broke on the pace maker and she had a stroke spent another 3 weeks in ICU and had the lead fixed yes another open heart surgery. Then last yr we found out my 8 yr old daughter had an ASD which is a hole in the upper chamber of the heart and she had a new procedure done were they can repair the hole like doing a heart cath. The cost for that was just as much as Open Heart Surgery she is fine now. Then 4 months ago we find out my 3 yr old has a ASD but the hole will close on its own so she will be fine. My oldest daughter takes a hand full of pills three times a day and I take blood pressure pills. My middle daughter has ADHD so she takes ridlin so our prescrition drug bill is expensive. Add all this together and it = 's no insurance company will touch my family unless its through a company that has alot of employees. In the last month we have racked up over $2500.00 worth of medical bills with no insurance. NOW YOU KNOW WHY IM IN A BAD MOOD. This is why I never went full time in this business because of insurance reasons. Sorry I needed to vent alittle I am attaching a picture of when my middle daughter had surgery It has all three of my girls picture in it and me.

Morgan,

My prayers are with you. My wife has M.S. and is unable to work.

I know the pain and frustation you must be feeling. I pw to supplement the family income. Full time time part time if you know what I mean.

Does your state offer a medical program for children of parents without medical coverage? We have a program in Texas called C.H.I.P.S. I don't have it but have heard a lot of it.

I have worked for the same company for 24 years. In the last two years we have been offered two buyouts. I couldn't get insurance for my wife if I quit!

Some many products are coming in from overseas. We see them as good deals but in reality it is U.S. jobs we are loosing. Look at how many things are coming from China. I wonder in 25 years if we will manufacture anything!

Morgan there is help out there. You may have to swallow some of you pride in accepting that help. I don't know if you are religous or not. God does not give us more than we can handle with his help.

When my wife got real sick I had problems sleeping. Worrying about her health, paying the bills, buying food, house payments ect. Couldn't sleep and thought a guy named Jack Daniels could help. Just a little to start. Got to where he was no help.

Anyway I asked for gods help and things started falling in place.

Things are not financily where they used to be but they are ok.

Made me realize what is important in life. It is not possesions it is your family!

Hang in there things will slowly get better. My prayers are with you.

Sorry for the long post folks!

Morgan, I can appreciate your dilema. Last June, my employer couldn't make payroll either. I started working my way towards being here full time. I was half time when the company I worked for went belly up. I didn't have Cobra either. I called the same insurance company and got a plan rolling and just had to bite the bullet. I have two children who require meds, and I do too. I will never be free from it and not taking them isn't an option for me. One thing to keep in mind, most pharmacys will help you in a pinch. If you are a few days or a week late getting a prescription due to switching insurance, a good pharmacy will give you the meds to cover you until then. Ours did for me. There are also what's called "open enrollment" periods twice a year, I think they are either June or July, then again in December, when no insurance company can turn you down. So you do have a time coming up when you should be able to get coverage.

Talk to people in your area and see who the local insurance companies are there. Price them out.

If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Beth

I went and signed up for TN Care it is gov program here in TN. They denied my family because I made to much money. I just got the letter yesterday. I went up their and signed up the week before I got laid off but was waiting for this letter. Im going to go back up their with my lay off slip because now I dont make to much money. Shouldnt have a problem but we will see. In TN under TN Care you pay nothing for Prescriptions and only $10.00 for a doctors visit and they said they would go back and pay the $2500.00 or so dollars so I can tell ya GOD does answer prayers. Beyoungsr yes I am a religious man have been all my life and if I hadnt been I sure would be now after going thru all this with my girls. Beth thanks for the links I will look at them after church thats were Im off to now.

Morgan I can't offer much more then what has been said but can offer one bit of advice my dad always said to me when things were not good, "never look back as you cannot change what has been done but look forward and think of what you can change to make things better."

Jon

Hey Morgan,

I have always enjoyed reading your posts over the years. I remember when you showed that Sweeper that you purchased. After reading your post about that I became interested in possibly adding that to my business. I still may down the road and if I do you would be the first person that comes to mind when someone asks me as to why I got into that end of the business.

As of late I did noticed that you seemed to be uptight in some of your posts. We all get like that at times. Since you explained how things have been for you lately who could blame you.

You have a beautiful family and I hope that all goes well for you and your three beautiful girls. I have 2 girls myself ages 8 and soon to be 3 and they are everything to me as I'm sure yours are to you.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck and if there is something I can do to help let me know.

Your fellow Powerwasher.

Thanks everybody I thought I might need to explain to everyone why I have been is such a bad mood. Sorry for the way things have come out lately Im trying to move on and some are helping to do that and I really appreciate all the help you guys and gals are giving me. Dont really know why but I just cant seem to shake the mood I got into a little heated discussion with Bryan last night on another board and later I just shook my head and wondered why I had done it. So I stayed up late and did some research for him and I hope I helped him out. :)

Morgan this is old advice but before replying to any post right now count to 25, not 10 like they say, that way you will cool down some before posting.

Another thing that I have do is type up my reply in Word and then spell check, print it and read out loud to myself.

You would be surprised how much you can see the heat of your speach that way, then edit it and do it again till it is nice.

Then copy and paste your reply.

It works, trust me it does as I used to be the biggest pest around, every post was negative and spitful. Just ask a few of the old timers that have been around 4 years or more.

Remember that once you burn a bridge you can never rebuild it and cross back over, something you surely do not want to do.

Jon

Morgan,

Not only are your daughters three of the cutest girls I have ever seen, but also three of the nicest (your wife, too, for putting up with the "Memphis Group") and best behaved children I have ever been around.

I wonder how many of us have strories where God came through just in time and within just a few dollars of that financial (or whatever) blessing we needed. I know I have two stories.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine