Sign in to follow this  
Rfitz

Biggest Job Bid this year

Question

I normally dont get too many call backs to wash and stain fences after submitting the bid, I think there is just too much sq ft and the customer freaks when they see the price, and I usually bid fences really low, most of the time I charge $1.00 a sq ft to wash and stain, and get very few fences a year, just too much money for most folks..? anyway, I went to bid a condo complex 2 weeks ago and here is what I found and bid, they have approx. 40,000 sq ft of wood (fence) it has been a long time since it has been stained sealed etc.. but there is still quite a bit of stain on there, anyway, my bid was to wash only no stripping, brightening etc.. removing dirt, mold etc. then re-staining with a similar color that is on there now, I bid the whole job at .75 a sq ft and they took it, the next lowest bidder was double my price, anyway when we wash and stain fences we average about 300-400 sq ft an hour washing, and a little more sq ft per hour when staining, I am figuring 3-4 guys approx 2 weeks to complete this job, but It is sure a nice way to kick off the season... with a monster like this, not to mention the pics I can show other big complexes when we get done, anybody out there do a job this size before..?

12 answers to this question

Rob

That's a big ole fence you have there to clean n stain!!

I would say one of my biggest fence jobs was around 1400 Lft. of 8'6"w/top cap x 2 sides.It was all new cedar so it was stain only both sides.The job took 2 of us 2 days to stain and 120 gallons of stain spraying with 2-60 psi shurflo pumps.

The pics i posted are in order from left to right of the 1400 Lft. of fence

Thank you Celeste ;)

On that job it was my first time ever i came close to a HEAT stroke!

I learned how to take breaks more often on that job and don't ever want to feel like that EVER again!!

100 + heat index!

We have a M.U.L.E. in stock..... ;) It is way cool. Rod uses the Viper, and I like the Hi-Viz Orange. (I like bright colors ;) )

Beth

I just keep licking my upper lip. My own version of "water reclaim system." :lgbounces