Sign in to follow this  
John T

Combining Powerwashers Unloader questions

I just got off the phone with Delco today and I purchased the Power booster($99 because I had and 8ft whip hose put on instead of the 6') which is used to hook two powerwashers together. You can view this item on the bottom of page 34 in there online catalog. http://www.dcs1.com/catalog/blaster25-36.pdf

Of course one of my powerwashers has a pressure actuated unloader and the other one is a "Flow actuated" unloader. According to the service guy at Delco you must have the same unloaders on both Powerwashers to work. He said you can go with either the pressure or flow unloaders.

I am leaning towards changing out my Landa to a flow unloader. Any thoughts on this are much appreciated.

According to Larry H @ delco, we had a conversation regarding this in dallas last year and he said it was not possible to use 2 unloaders in a configuration.

I dont know what has changed since then, but if I had a choice out of the 2, I would much prefer a flow actuated unloader to avoid the sharp pressure spikes...this is one of the two contributing factors to operator fatigue, the other being a hose that doesnt swivel properly under pressure that supports resistance to the gun angle the operator may be using.

Rod~

If you look at the powerbooster hose in that link you can see that each whip hose goes to the Powerwashers. This booster set-up is made where you can just disconnect it so the powerwashers can now work on there own. With that being said It only makes sense to have both unloaders intact.

Now of course you have me wondering because if thats what Larry Hinkley said I am going to have to ask some more questions. I am going to put my above question on Delco's bb to see if larry see's it.

John,

One thing,

our convo was concerning a single unit with 2 guns. He said they tried many combinations and could not get the balance necessary to avoid damaging the pump or stressing the engine. The unloader took the brunt of the spikes and could not handle the back and forth pressure changes.

In a 2 machine scenario, this must have an advantage because of the pressure equalization at a single point (namely the union). Matching the unloaders could be all you need, but I would go ahead and ask your questions just for peace of mind.

Rod~