Sign in to follow this  
dmurray

Liability Insurance

He is a real nice man with real good prices I carry 2million gen. liability and the price is great. He should be the first to contact.

I purchased my insurance from Erie. They've an office in town. I got to deal one on one (no mailing money order and what have you).

The agency also gave me job leads as well as how to get involved w/a group of business reps and owners of various sorts who meet every friday morning and network w/one another.

They took a personal check and the best part, Erie's rate was less than 1/2 what Joe Walter wanted for the same amount of coverage. (not to mention the fact in the future I'll be able to cover my home and personal vehicles w/them if I chose too.)

I couldn't help to wonder if folks in the pressure washing industry were getting taken advantage of by unscrupulous insurance companies.

www.erie-insurance.com

paul

Depending on your area of work, something to keep in mind is whether the actual COMPANY that is the carrier, has exclusions that will not work for those who actually read the policy. Case in point: We had a regular GL policy with some very tightly written rules as to who could be held liable for what (when it really came right down to who could be sued). When we got our million dollar contract, this company would not accept our COMPANY, so we, in order to stay in compliance with our contract, had to change companies.

We've also noticed, while researching multiple other companies that write PW policies, some are so loosely written, you are going to be screwed if you ever have a claim.

Best advise I would give on your GL is to take your entire policy, read it cover to cover - including all the exclusions tacked to the end - then call your agent to discuss the actual coverage.

Celeste

I pay Joe Monthly. I beleive I may be also getting a PWNA discount :)

In Michigan, it is against the law to offer individual discounts. Group plans or multiple policy rates is a different issue.

I just submitted a request for a quote from Joseph Walters, on GL, just not sure how much coverage I should carry any advice? I'm just starting out and I'm part time with a cold water unit so I'm pretty small.