Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

KZ1 Unloaders

Anyone using a KZ1 unloader. If so how long have you had it, how many hours have you used it and how well has it held up and not needed replacement.

While I like how the K7 operates, I do not like the premature failure and having to replace 3 within a year.

I just switched to a pressure type and I hate it already.

I have a new name, Unloader Killer. My almost new pressure unloader took a dump and I am the new owner of the above mentioned ZK1.

So far so good, it is only a week or so old, so it better last for a while. I am not sure why I have gone thru so many so fast, but it gets really old and really expensive when you have to change them all the time.

I use to reuse my water all the time, but now only do so when there is no sanitary sewer.

I used to reuse my water all the time, but now only do so when there is no sanitary sewer.

Do you think reusing the water was killing the unloaders?

Mike

Recycled water is my best answer to early failure. I am sure it has some effect, but each one that I have taken apart looks fine on the inside.

Does anyone know if excessive scaling of the coil can put enough back pressure on the unloader to cause early failure?

Alan,

You should give Mark a call, I'll bet he can help you.

That's where the newest ZK1 and my massive three pound inline filter came from.

What failure did you encounter????

Low psi and the bypassing of water to the tank.

The K3, K5, and K7's all have to bypass 5% to work properly. They are not like a trapped pressure, where you can shut off bypass completely. If you've still got one laying around, send it to me, I'd like to take a look at it. Who knows, maybe you'll get it fixed for the price of postage.