Deck lighting

Do you install deck leighting?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you install deck leighting?

• Yes
    • No
    • Thinking about it

Question

I have heard that some folks install deck lighting as an additional service to their customers. Here are the questions that come to mind...

What type of lighting is available and what do you feel is the best and why?

Is this a lucrative add on?

We don't do this, but I am curious about it. (Mainly because I am thinking of adding lights on the steps of our deck.)

Beth

7 answers to this question

I install lighting, Paver Lights is the brand. You can do a google search and get to them. You can receive great pricing from them as a contractor. I have them on my deck. Very low maintenance and nice subtle lighting. You def. want to look into this.

Reed

Reed...

I noticed on the mfg site that resellers can get a comission from sales...are you in on this? Seeing as how I heard of these through you, and I'm now wanting them in the next year, could I order them through you for you to get some benefit from it?

I don't do the commision. Usually I route those who inquire about it, like you and Pressure Pros to the site so you can benefit directly from them.

When I enstall them, I add 10.00 to the light costs and charge 35.00 per hour to install. 2 people can install 14 lights, including templating the floor and using the jig saw to cut out, plus running the wiring in about 4 hours. Once you get the hang of it and do several installations, your time will come down and you can up your hourly fee if you wish. Basically you dictate what you want to make, there is little to no competition to compete with. Most homeowners can install these blindfolded and if they wish to purchase just the lights, you set the price. Variable are few, an electric source, ability to route wiring so it's hidden. Setting the lights and and putting in bulbs is rediculously easy. You just can't believe how easy this is to do.

This is wide open as an add on and you dictate your own price.

I would hope you take advantage of at least listing yourselves as a seller even if you don't plan on doing that many.

Reed

Here's a pic of my deck around the hottub at night with the lighting.

post-17-137772140967_thumb.jpg