Sign in to follow this  
Wallydog

Hot Box

Anyone know where I can get a hot Box in Australia? I still don't quite understand how they work? I see they are diesel fired and have 115V cord as well? How do you heat the water? Is it by plugging into the power socket and heating an element?, or do you use burning diesel to heat the water? Do they heat the water after the pump? Over here we have 240V . Can I convert an imported hot box? thanks wallydog

The water is heated with the diesel fuel. The power whether it be 12 volt, 115 v or 240 volt is for the fan and the blower.

The water goes thru your machine like normal and then into the hot box.

You may try and get in touch with Robert aka Bart from North Side Services in Brisbane. He may know some local places that can help you out.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&userid=615

Thanks Alan. I was thinking of making my own hot box with a domestic instantaneous propane gas hot water system.

Is it possible to heat the water before sending it to the pump? Is that an option? Or is it a must to have the water heated after the pump? Will it damage the pump having hot water go through it before it is released out the wand?

I was thinking of getting a Rinnai eco 16 hot water system. Thats around 16L/min output. Have an LPG bottle and i guess i will need to plug in the power to ignite the burners when the water is going through. This would work but its whether the pump can handle the hot water?

I sent a msg to Bart and well see what comes of it. I really like the idea of using a domestic propane gas water heater but? Wallydog