Sign in to follow this  
tunatussle

Down stream injector

I have been using the same downstream injector for 3 years. I would open the valve 2 turns and it would disburse a mixture of 16 oz for 3 gallons of water. It now seems that 2 turns produces more than 16 oz.in the range of 24 oz. Do the injectors wear out? Is there a metering valve in them that valve that wears down over time. Should I buy a new one and recalibrate it?

There is a ball and spring inside the injector. The more or less you turn the knob means more or less tension on the spring which allows more or less chem to be drawn. The ball does wear out and get pitted. Ceramic balls in the injector are more chem resistence than stainless. At least all the ones I have worked with are like this.

Richard

I have a Mi-T-M 3504 Hotwater Machine 3500 psi 3.3 gmp (11HP Honda/Cat Pump/Belt Drive) which I purchased used. It has a new chemical injector which was installed last season (not sure if ceramic or SS ball). My question is regarding the adjustment for the pump and length of HP hose. I originally only had 50' of hose (I know) and the chemical took a bit to get to the tip, but I got there. After I added another 50' of hose (I'll get more) once I switch to low pressure on the dual lance all I get is a blast of steam (which used to be followed by soap), but no soap. I tried to adjust the flow, but not able to get anything other than steam. Is the chemical just vaporizing in the Heating coil? Any ideas would be appreciated.