Sign in to follow this  
bfenne

What chemicals?

Question

Curious to see...If you were only going to wash house's, which I would include decks, roofs, gutters, aluminum/vinyl siding and any kind of stone or brick work, which chemical, not product would be your first choice for each of the materials mentioned? I know certain jobs might require something different but wanted to see if everyone is basically on the same page for standard wash jobs. Thanks everyone.

5 answers to this question

If you use the search option you should find answers. The answer varies between contractors so any one person can give you a different answer. I just started out myself last year and spent months researching these forums and then tried different products in the field to come up with what works best for me. All the chemicals in the Grime Scene store are contractor grade chemicals and will give you optimal results.

If you use the search option you should find answers. The answer varies between contractors so any one person can give you a different answer.

jnoden,

Thank you for your direction. Using the search function is a great resource...if you know what to search for. Being new,I dont know what key words to use to get the desired results. I am not looking for a product opinion but rather a general poll for chemicals and there cleaning purpose. What should they be used on. Sure there will be times you might have a non typical situation requiring the use of non typical chems for it but the majority of the time it should be standard. All chems, not products have a specific cleaning purpose and that is what I am looking for. Thanks everyone.

Check out the Residential forums and read the threads that interest you.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Also check out the chemical forums as well.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Some of the mopre common chemicals in the residential market are:

Sodium hydroxide

Oxalic Acid

Sodium Hypochlorite aka Bleach, and chlorine

Sodium Percarbonate

to tell you the truth i haven't ran into anything that i couldn't get off with my three main chemicals except for all the grease on the driveway. I like to use chlorine and a squirt of dawn dishwashing liquid, Purple stuff for the gutters and driveway grease spots, and acids for the rust. I don't do decks that often but when i do i just use chlorine w/ alot of dawn.