Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

X-Jetter

Question

This question is for all my X-jetters doing housewashing.

On a typical( if there is such a thing) home, with light mold/ mildew on it. Approx. 1500 square ft two story, all vynil siding.

How many gallon of chems would you use to clean a home of this size?

Mixture consist of 12% sh and your favorite soap detergent?

I guess gpm is needed here also. 3000 psi and 5 gpm if you need all the variables..to make your decision.

five gallons

Ten gallons

15 gallons

DeGraffreed

29 answers to this question

Does everyone up sell the wax with an extra charge? If so how much more on the foot do you charge?

No way. The wax doesn't costs me less than $1.00 for a housewash. It's a good investment to get excellent results. It isn't something I want to upsell, it's the edge that makes my work better than much of my competition. If it needs wax, I use wax. If not, I don't use it.

What does Citracleen work out to in cost per gallon?

It's $150.00 for a 55 gallon drum kit, so that's $2.72/gallon. Figure $3.00 with shipping...so far I have managed to arrange to pick it up or have it delivered during various round table meetings with Steve, so I don't usually pay shipping. I use roughly 3/4 gallon in a 5 gallon bucket of housewash, and the typical housewash takes two buckets...so it coests me around $4.50 per housewash for the soap, another $2.50 for the chlorine, and maybe $0.50 for wax/foamer/rinse aid, as needed. So, at most, a housewash costs me $7.50 in chems. Another $1.00 in fuel for the washer.

I know you didn't ask all that, but I just felt like sharing! :)

Mike,

When you use a foamer, do you have to use the foamer attachment or can you use a regular spray wand with qc tips. I have never seen a "foamer"

DeGraffreed.

The foamer works well when applying the soap with an Xjet.

We use about 4oz to 6 oz per 5 gallons of mix when we use the RPC foamer.If you order from Steve he will give you the suggested ratio.We have been using the same gallon for a year.

I get all my chems from RPC, just never got the foamer......in your opinion, does it really make a difference? does it give you more dwell time etc ??