Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Screened Porch Question

Question

Guest Sopowerclean

I have been asked by a customer about cleaning and staining a screened in porch. It is 10x12. It has rails and pickets on the inside. My question is how to stain the side of the picket and rail that is facing the screen. the last porch like this i completed did not have the rail or pickets. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thank you

Lawrence Carter

Southern Power Clean

5 answers to this question

There are several ways to approach this. Regardless, you will have to wipe the screen as you work, to make sure you don't get sealer on it. I suggest a stain pad (not on the handle, so it is flat) for the part closest to the screen.

Beth

Guest Sopowerclean

what would be the best way to figure the extra time it should take to do this. Also how easy is stain to get off of screen if you get some on it.

Lawrence Carter

Use a degreaser solution and a rag to wipe it off as it gets on it.

Another way is to premask the screen with 2" wide blue tape or use cardboard.

Not sure how much room you have to work with as either of these may work according to what your situation is.

Rod~

I know what you mean, I've had a similar situation before. The only way is to remove the screens. Sometimes they're just screwed in, but if it's the kind that are held in by a rubber gasket, tell them you're sorry and move on. Screened in porches are no fun, I had one that took 2 people 2 hours to remove them and 3 hours to replace and they were all different sizes, like a giant jigsaw puzzle.