Sign in to follow this  
aufanatic

surface cleaner ?

Question

What would be the most practical size surface cleaner to run with a 3500psi 4gpm cold water unit? It will be used for residential driveways and sidewalks. I know that I need hot water but that's not possible right now. Also, what are some of your favorite models?

6 answers to this question

I have a similar size machine and have just bought a 20" surface cleaner and it works great on residential jobs. Check with Beth and Rod for a nice unit.

You should look at a few...

Look at the Bad Boy by PressureTek.

Look at Steel Eagle.

Look at the Whisper Wash.

There are many models to choose from, make sure you understand the differences in them before you buy, so you don't limit yourself. Plan for what this equipment needs to do for you , several years down the road, not just today.

Beth

you might be able to find one from a rental company that is selling slightly more than used. I found a Simpson 18" with 15 degree tips for 75.00. I took it to a company that repairs PW equipment he sold me a hose for it (had a very small leak ) for 23.00 dollars. I did the repair myself, it was easy, and I learned alittle more. I use it with a 3200 psi cold unit and have had very good luck with it. Cleaned 20,000 q. ft. with it at a strip mall. Some of the machines a very pricey for newcomers like myself and this has paid off. I did find out that Simpson has gone out of business but a good internet search should help you find an after market supplier for parts. it was all about budget for me (Cuz im cheap).

I'm running 3500/4 and I had a 27" that I hated till I outfitted it with 1502 tips. Now it works great. I get abot 3100psi with the 1502's. I was getting about 2100 with the 1503's.