Sign in to follow this  
TRichter

Sand bags and booms?

Want to reclaim and wondering where to find or make an inexpensive reclaim boom and where to find sandbags. Is there any type of bag that could be filled with water and emptied after so as not to carry a lot of extra weight? I have a sump pump and a 135 reclaim tank with an oil absorber sock inside, planning to empty it by gravity feed into customers sanitary sewer cleanout. Thanks, Tom

Check with your local fire department and see what they do with their worn hoses... those could be filled and ends clamped to form temporary water dams......of course, how would you explain draining them back out? Hmmmmm....guess you could suck the water back out...or drain in a grassy area if one was close enough. Anyway...it's a thought.

Celeste

Certainly give the Fire department a try but I've tried that before, although I needed them for to feed water instead of retaining water, and they refused us. From what I understand they send them out for repairs as long as they can.

I use the flat pool discharge hose. I cut the desired size, cable tie one end and fill it with sand then cable tie the other end. works great and can be done cheap. As far as the sandbags go, you can get either the plastic or burlap at any hardware store and fill them with sand.

Rick

Trichter,

I was looking for the same thing about a month ago, Go to home depot or lowes and purchase Blue 2" pool discharge hose get it in about 16ft in length. This length is adequate for diverting driveway cleaning water into the grass. I have not been afraid of enforcement since I built these dams. I think the cost was about $20.00.

Degraffreed

Call me if you need more info

678-480-0123 cell

Thanks for the response, a good friend of mine is a chief with the local volunteer fire dept. He refilled my fire extinguisher for free after checking out my rig and making sure I wasn't to wide and loved the little padlocks on all of my valves (no children can open them). I will have to check with him about the fire hose, good possibility! By the way, He loved my rig.