Sign in to follow this  
Barry M

"wet" sealers

Question

Does anyone have any pics of a finished deck using Wood Tux Wet or Cabot's SPF? What was your experience with these products? I need to seal my first deck that I stripped/brightened last weekend, but it's been nothing but rain and looks like rain hit and miss all next week and weekend. I was going to use RS but there is no way I will see 12% moisture in the wood anytime soon. I just want some input before I order anything. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I suggest the Wood Tux wet. We have used WT for the last two years, this makes our third year with it.

We have not used the Cabot's wet product. I understand that the Cabot product is acrylic.

Beth

Barry-

Wood-Tux WET was designed specifically for getting professional contractors through the rainy season. This formulation was created for use in those areas where it is hard to get the wood dry before mold and mildew begin to set in.

Unlike water based sealers that are prone to cracking and peeling, Wood-Tux WET dives through the water deep into the wood. Once inside it reacts with the wood and forces excess water out. Wood-Tux WET can be applied to very wet wood, in fact as long as it is not raining when you put it on you will achieve beautiful lasting results.

The leading problem we have heard contractors report over the years is having too much wood cleaned in the spring without enough dry time to finish the job (and collect the money)! Wood-Tux WET is going to help keep you on schedule and allow you to maximize your profitability.

Those contractors who started using Wood-Tux WET have already begun to dominate their marketplace by finishing more work with better results than their competition. If you have any questions about Wood-Tux WET, feel free to call me for more information.

Best of Luck

Russell Cissell

Extreme Solutions, Inc.

1-866-536-7393

E-mail: imrcc1@aol.com

Those contractors who started using Wood-Tux WET have already begun to dominate their marketplace by finishing more work with better results than their competition. If you have any questions about Wood-Tux WET, feel free to call me for more information.

Best of Luck

Russell Cissell

Extreme Solutions, Inc.

1-866-536-7393

E-mail: imrcc1@aol.com

This comment would be pure speculation if Wood Tux Wet just became available.

It's not that I doubt what Russ says that WT Wet is a decent product, but I personally do not have confidence in any product that is new to market and may not have had sufficent time to prove itself in all climates and regions.

At least not enough confidence to use it on my customers decks before I have a chance to completely evaluate a product. And that just cannot happen in one season.