Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Crawfish season is in!!!

Question

Anybody hungry?? :lgbounces They sure were nice and spicy tooo..

I boiled over 200lbs. in 2 days they sure were some monsters!

P.S Got the taters and corn in another pot... :cool:

18 answers to this question

"sucking heads" and cold beer it doesn't get any better.I used to have a "coonass" roomate, man could he cook.He was from narlans La. New Orleans is the correct spelling.lol

Send some my way, can't find any mudbugs worth a hoot here. That is the #1 reason I make a trip to Nawlins every year, mudbugs by the lb. and of coarse an ICE COLD Beers.

reed

Reed

You can get these in Henderson/Breaux Bridge La.$1.25lb.#1 selects.They are mostly raised in the rice fields and the rivers in the Atchafalya Basin.They ship them to N.O all the time.

That's what we call Louisiana Hot Tubbin!

I boiled 3 sacks on Saturday, peeled so many that finger tips are almost raw. I can honestly say that I probably eat 200# of crawfish every year. My wife & 2 girls love crawfish. My girls are 9 & 7, they have been eating crawfish since they were about 3. They peel their own now, since Daddy & Mommy refused to do it for them, told them they had to learn to do it themselves if the wanted to eat them.

I'm having crawfish ettoufe' tonight! Of course I gotta have the french bread with it too. It dont get no better than this.

Shane, I have been getting some really nice sacks for about the last couple of weeks. My best friend owns a restraunt here that does all you can eat on Monday nights for $15.95. He boils about 1500 # on Monday, you can't hardly get a seat in his place. He got me some the other day from Pierre Part that were the best I've had this year.

Gotta go, the ettoufe is on the table.

Reed, my friend has a boiling trailer that he does big parties with. For the right amount of money, I'm sure he'll travel. How far are you from N'Awlins?

YUCKIE.

Not my thing but then I don't like fish heads either, or a few other things you Easterner and Southerners enjoy.

Reed hop on that bike and ride over for some and save the shipping cost.

Did I mention I don't like spicy food? yes indeed a softy here, even mildy spicy is out but the wife can handle it.

What do those critters taste like once you deshell them, anything like crab or lobster, um don't like lobster so how about crab or shrimp?

That's what we call Louisiana Hot Tubbin!

I boiled 3 sacks on Saturday, peeled so many that finger tips are almost raw. I can honestly say that I probably eat 200# of crawfish every year. My wife & 2 girls love crawfish. My girls are 9 & 7, they have been eating crawfish since they were about 3. They peel their own now, since Daddy & Mommy refused to do it for them, told them they had to learn to do it themselves if the wanted to eat them.

I'm having crawfish ettoufe' tonight! Of course I gotta have the french bread with it too. It dont get no better than this.

Shane, I have been getting some really nice sacks for about the last couple of weeks. My best friend owns a restraunt here that does all you can eat on Monday nights for $15.95. He boils about 1500 # on Monday, you can't hardly get a seat in his place. He got me some the other day from Pierre Part that were the best I've had this year.

Gotta go, the ettoufe is on the table.

Reed, my friend has a boiling trailer that he does big parties with. For the right amount of money, I'm sure he'll travel. How far are you from N'Awlins?

Straight up I55, about 12 hours pulling a trailer

reed

Alright folks, just what is so special about those little not so nice looking critters?Reed ever heard of the Iron Butt rally, four corner rally, 3 Flags rally, one out here called the 1000 mile 24 hour rally?

Did the 1000 mile ride in about 19 hours, stopping for fuel/pit stop only, would snack on trail mix and drank water and gator aid. All I will say is I sure was glad for my custom seat but even then my butt was sore.

I use Zatarain's exclusively. It's the original. I use the powdered Shrimp & crab boil, then add about 1/2 bottle of the liquid shrimp & crab boil. I also put about 6-8 lemons, 6 large bunches of garlic, corn, potatoes, & Double D Sausage (all in a 100 qt. pot). If I have left over potatoes, I use those to make potato salad.

The crabs are coming in now.......can't wait. I like'm boiled or soft-shell on a po-boy.

jBig Bill, stop, you are killing me. Nothing like a mudpuppy, crab and shrimp boil. Try some Tony Checeree ?sp. Great kick to add to the Zat's. I use the Zat's also. Some time will use the liquid Bombay shrimp and crab boil.

Jon, Oh yeah on the Iron Butt. Still trying to decide which seat to change to. Thinking about the sundowner two up seat, but the road sofa has my interest also. Been raining here for two solid weeks at least every other day, can't get anything done, so no money for bike stuff.

reed

I use "Louisiana Shrimp and Crawfish boil" lemons ....Sprinkle a little Swamp Dust on them while they are in the ice chest cooling down :cool:

second pot has the potatoes,lemons,corn,carrots..

Reed when I rode rain was not a problem, rain, shine, snow, wind, small sandstorm did not stop me.

What did stop me a couple times were those darn BLUE flashing lights I never seen out here in CA. I had no idea the cop was trying to pull me over so kept going till he came up beside me and pointed PULL OVER. Hey I don't hear sirens with helmet on and stero going full blast.

He gave me a warning since I was honest about never seeing blue flashing lights. Now CA has them too.

Road Sofa was around back then, the other names I don't recall and I long ago forget the name of the custom seat I had, they only had two companies making them for the Yamaha Venture Royale, the original ones not those new funny things out now.

Custom seat, custom backrest went with it and what a feeling to ride and never have pain in the butt.

Tony a slab of RIBS, pork or beef with sweet sauce, mmmmmmmmm

Nothing spicy now, just plain good sweet BBQ sauce.

Or a thick cut of Prime Rib, RARE.