Sign in to follow this  
Outlaw

Cuprinol UV Sunblock Deck & Wood Seal

Question

8 answers to this question

cuprinol is now called deckscapes....and the cedar color is more orange....looks different. Your always better stripping it off for a recoat as some areas may still repell the new stain. Best advice is use another product or try to get sherwin williams to match the old color. But good luck...i've even been in contact with corporate here in cleveland and they just cant duplicate the color.

Andy

This is a big deck with a couple hundred ft of spindle railing, a spa, a gazebo, tri level, lots of lights , I won't turn it down, but I will price it so that if I get it, I wont regret it.

Gav

Good luck to ya......I did a cuprinol strip job that was huge...once it was ready to stain it took 35 gallons of stain to do it. The stripping wasnt really that bad as cuprinol pretty much stays on the surface of the wood.

Andy

Well, I just called Sherwinn williams and it appears that it does need to be stripped, they got the bid at just under $2500, so we'll see, around here most my $1 sq ft bids get low balled by about half and I can't make no money doing decks at that price.

Gav