Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Cyprus House Wash

Question

I need help with a cyprus house. The house is not painted, stained or sealed. I need to know what house washing brew needs to be used for cleaning this. Also the lower half of the house is more of a yellow color because of the sprinkler system. I will post pics if someone will tell me how. Thanks.

11 answers to this question

Tried to post the pictures but they were to large. Can someone tell me what I need to do to make them smaller. Thanks

You will need to use photo editing software that will allow you to resize pictures. Most will do this. Here is link to some free photo editing software that I found.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/imageediting/tp/freephotoedw.htm

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I went to the web site and seen a few freebies, do you have a recommendation on which one I would need. I am not very computer savy so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike, I went to the web site and seen a few freebies, do you have a recommendation on which one I would need. I am not very computer savy so any help is greatly appreciated.

I would go with Serif PhotoPlus.

Mike

I need help with a cyprus house. The house is not painted, stained or sealed. I need to know what house washing brew needs to be used for cleaning this. Also the lower half of the house is more of a yellow color because of the sprinkler system.

Light bleach/soap mixture. light P/wash....then give it an oxalic bath :cool:

Cypress is very similar to cedar...are you gonna stain it also?

Shane thanks for the help. No stain, customer wants nothing on wood. She told me it has never been stained or anything else for that matter.Do you see the discolorasation (SP?) where the sprinkler was hitting the house? She wants a uniform color if at all possible, when I'm finished washing.

I take that back you could light strip that Cypress then oxalic bath.Bleaching sprinkler marks is all i do for fences thrying to get that half moon marks.

Wood might get a little fuzzy on you after stripping.

Yes i see the discoloration from the sprinklers and uv damage/mildew.I would light strip it i use my own sodium hydroxide mix i make and would make it weak with soap.light bleach/soap mix and then oxalic.Just P/wash lightly and evenly that wood is very soft and you can leave marks.

You could use the EFC 38 cleaner or Timber pro's products to do a cleaning those should work.

You always want to do a test spot on all your bids so you know what you are going to be up against.

Call me anytime if you want to talk i'll help ya.:cool: