Sign in to follow this  
Paul B.

Best Sales People.

Question

15 answers to this question

I don't agree in this industry. I have much better success with men. Same goes with the phone. Customers feel that a man is more knowedgable than a woman. That a woman isn't credible when she answers a question. I hate sexist customers!LOL I wish I could have shown you the work a female had two years ago on one of our staining crews , faster , neater , and more caring of others property!

The only time a woman is not seen as credible, is when she is asked a question she can't answer, but then, I can't tell you how many men I have competed with on jobs, and beaten simply because I had the answer and did a far better job of explaining it than the men did.

Not only do we (and I) get told we are higher in price, but I (we) still get handed a check or credit card number regardless, due to the knowledge we share with the client.

Being able to sell well is a sales skill issue, not a gender issue.

Beth :)

What is one of the key elements in closing deal?

I have heard a hundred diffrent answers to this at various sales training classes/seminars and with working with and talking to 100's of very good and not so very good sales people. IMO the one most important never gonna get the sale without it elemnet is.........

Ask for the sale!!!!!!!! If you never ask for it you will never get it

i\

Give the man an Atta-Person" (we no longer carry Atta-Boy).

100 "Atta-Persons" will buy a cup of java.

1 "Aw Sh.." wipes out all "Atta-Person"

See how it all ties together?

It makes so much sense to me!

As for OTP, you can tell he needs more training in listening. :D

Hey Paul,

I listen, I guess I need to define my answer. When I say

"When can we start" I am asking the customer for the go ahead It does not work 100%, but I have had good results in many closings with that line. I guess that you can call it y asking for the job.

Hope it makes sense this time.

OTP,

Yes, it should have made sense to me the first time around.

Sorry, I thought you meant when can we start guessing the answer (thought you were trying to be funny). I suppose I was giggling too much to think you were serious.

So bump Joel to the second "Atta-Person" and we'll give you the first one. Sorry Joel - same answer different technique.

Well maybe I was a bit hasty about women being better sales people. But the fact is they still ask for commitment all the time -like when are you gonna get that room painted; when are you going to clean out that garage. Kind of like the Meatloaf song: "so, what's it going to be boy?"

Men are the "roundtoit" type. - Soon, I'll get around to it.

My basic closing line is once a month or twice a month and I will call you later today and let you know what evening I have open to start cleaning.

Since I mostly miss the hey words from prospective customers as to when to close I sort of jump the gun once I know they are interested.

Another way I do it is when they say we are working on our budget for the coming year so please check back next week, I say don't forget to include my services in your budget so I can start next week.

You would be surprises how many laugh when you use that reply and then say can you do it sooner!

It does work, at least for half deaf mutes !!oh wait I can't be mute or I would not be able to talk, just deaf.

Jon