Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sopowerclean

Going full time

Guest Sopowerclean

I have a question about going full time in business. For those in business what made you make decision to go full time. I am considering purchasing a lawn care company and trying to go full time with pw and lawn maintenance. Any comments or suggestions. Please give me some things to consider about doing this move so i can make sure i have covered all my bases.

Lawrence Carter

When it comes right down to it, it's a matter of paying the bills. Can you survive the winter months? Do you have the dollars to get you through lean times and to put into marketing the company? If the lawn company is already a money maker with an established (and contracted) customer base I would be sure of the value I would be paying. I would also allow for that customer base shrinking by 30-50%. Will it still cover what you need it to financially? Are the terms for repaying the borowed capital flexible enough to not make or break you should some type of tragedy hit? The downfall of this type of business (where we are the guys making things happen out on the street) is, what if you get hurt? Make sure you have a healthy disability policy.