Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Has anyone heard of this stuff?

Question

7 answers to this question

Ken,

I don't chase decks anymore but from reading the website it seems to be inline with other quality seals available to contractors.

The decks we used Olympic Maximum on last year still look great and when the time comes for those to be cleaned and resealed they'll get Maximum again.One of the largest problems in the south is over coming the myth that PT lumber is maintenace free.People just don't have a clue how much work is involved in restoring a neglected deck nor do they want to pay for it.We offer 3 levels of deck restoration and every customer so far has chose the Silver or Bronze package.

Ken,

I don't chase decks anymore but from reading the website it seems to be inline with other quality seals available to contractors.

The decks we used Olympic Maximum on last year still look great and when the time comes for those to be cleaned and resealed they'll get Maximum again.One of the largest problems in the south is over coming the myth that PT lumber is maintenace free.People just don't have a clue how much work is involved in restoring a neglected deck nor do they want to pay for it.We offer 3 levels of deck restoration and every customer so far has chose the Bronze package.

What are you 3 levels and what do you get with each ?

Thanks

Gold, Silver and Bronze.

All the chemical processes are the same.

Strip,clean and brighten.]

The difference come with the sealers that customers are offered.

Ready Seal for Gold.

Olymipic Max for Silver

Nothing for Bronze(this is a basic strip and clean type deal)

Ken-

First, why not tell your potential clients you'd be glad to use it if they want it but the product has limited distribution center all of which are located in the Western US and not a proven track record based on conversations with all your contacts in the industry. (I think this is true and am only advocating saying it if this is the case.) Spin it back as not wanting to use their beautiful deck as a guinea pig for new product. Add a "it's because you care about their deck and have high standards" to set yourself ina good light.

Now having said all of that damn that company is a good marketing machine. Their advantages page - whether true or false- gives points that should make sense to a customer. I posted this in another thread so sorry for preaching but in sales "perception is reality". End of story. If the customer believes that one product is better, makes more sense, etc... whether it is true or not is irrelevant - they will always buy from the company with the product. In your case I offered some FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) statements above to help counter it but you are now playing defense and not offense.

The In-Wood company seems to have been around for awhile and my competitor Mr Powerwash is a reputable company. They advocate low pressure deck restoration, so I'm sure they use a process similar to my own. I don't really want to say anything negative about their choice of sealer especially if it is a quality product. After all, he could spin his sales pitch in the same way, because I use products that are distributed out of state and have no product name recognition among the masses.

Mark, you are right about In-Wood's marketing machine. Mr Powerwash leaves a beautifully designed, full color, 8.5"x11" brochure distributed by the manufacturer of In-Wood. In-Wood also advocates that it is wet application friendly. In response to my questioning their product via email, I was sent a detailed email the next day with multiple MSDS sheets.

Mr Powerwash has more time in the field doing wood restoration than I do. I am bidding against him on almost every wood job (so far with decent success) This year I have changed sealer choice. I am still not 100% certain of which sealer I will stay with. A certain wood guru whom posts on this board has also given me another choice product. After seeing enough of his pictures, I am assured that his is also a quality product.

As of right now, Wood Tux stands in the front running. I know it's quality surpasses almost everything out there and as far as Russell Cissell goes, you couldn't ask for a more knowlegable guy. But it's also tempting to run with the In-Wood because it seems to offer the same attributes as the WT, is price competetive and solves any issue I have with regard to sales pitch..

Customer: "Mr Powerwash is going to use In-Wood, they say it's the best product on the market"

Me: "In-Wood is an excellent product, that is why we use it also"