Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

The new Wood Tux

Question

16 answers to this question

Looks good Celeste :cool:

I take it that's not the WT wet huh deck looked pretty dry.

Those pot rings are a pain to get out!

I've sanded some off but they are tough. I'll usually say just put the plant back in the same spot :D

Ken-

The tint system is in final stages. As soon as we have approval on labeling and packaging it will be ready for release. If you want to give me a call, I can give you more detailed information.

Shane-

The wood does not have to be wet for the Wood-Tux application. It works fantastic on dry wood with an average spread rate of 200 square feet per gallon on aged cedar.

The real advantage is being able to apply after a rain and keep your schedule on track and your cash flow straight. I think this formulation is really going to help those contractors in the North East and Pacific North West where it is difficult to get wood moisture content below 20% before mildew sets in.

Best of Luck

Russell

Looks good Celeste :cool:

I take it that's not the WT wet huh deck looked pretty dry.

Those pot rings are a pain to get out!

I've sanded some off but they are tough. I'll usually say just put the plant back in the same spot :D

It is the Wood Tux wet, the wood can be dry to apply also. He is going to put the planter back in the same spot. I told him it would rough to remove all of it. He was fine with that.

Roger

What do you think we should have gotten for it? I prefer not to post our actual invoice totals but we got about twice what you indicated for that deck (and we didn't have to do those rails either)

Celeste

Good job. I didn't have to strip anything so I guess I'm not to far off price like I was thinking. Did you have to tape things up? cover stuff? was it on the 2nd story? just wondering what was involed. I know when I first started and had my employees doing the first few decks I wasn't making a nice profit or should I say I was just paying the bills!! Since then and talking to folks on the phone and local guys and I have changed my prices. I think I've done that since I started this company.

Everyone remember to call your Mother on SUNDAY.

Yes, it was a second story with no access from outside. The homeowner moved everything inside but a table that just traveled around the deck. Didn't have to tape anything during the strip or stain. The strip was really easy as the finish was 11 years old - railings only needed washing, then on with the Wood Tux Wet. Homeowner is happy as pig in muck :)

Celeste