Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

house wash pics

Question

Thought I would share a few before and after shots of a job a did today. This house was surounded by forest and looked as if the forest was trying to reclaim the property. I rarely do houses with this much funk, but it was really a lot of fun to see the tranformation. The pictures really don't do it justice because before taking the before pictures, I removed a truck load of vines as well.

post-497-137772143018_thumb.jpg

post-497-137772143024_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

it never ceases to amaze me how people let their homes get in such a state, I noticed the Christmas lights and the Easter decorations, were The 4th of July decorations in the back?

Gav

LOL! No, but there was about a half dozen rusted trailers here and there, half a dozen storage sheds (of which the forest had already swallowed up), a few broken down vehicles that looked like they haven't moved since the 60's, and another smaller house that I believe they used to live in before building, and moving into, this one.

I was actually quite envious of the property. Its right on the St. Johns river, about 5 acres, and in a high end residential area. There is two dirt drives that take you right to the center where the house, and all of the other junk is. I think is family property thats been handed down.

curious, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you charge? The reason I ask is if someone was to live in a condition like that most of the time they are lower income families, and I have noticed that most people on here charge good money to wash because of experience, better equipment, etc.

looks good too, I bet you had a fun time working around all that crap in the yard.

curious, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you charge? The reason I ask is if someone was to live in a condition like that most of the time they are lower income families, and I have noticed that most people on here charge good money to wash because of experience, better equipment, etc.

looks good too, I bet you had a fun time working around all that crap in the yard.

$300. The house is only about 1,600 sqft which under normal condions I would have charged about 165.00, but doubled it because of the excess buildup and all of the obstacles. She was so happy with the results that she gave me a $50 tip to boot. Thats the great thing about really dirty houses, the results are like night and day and the customer praises you like the god of pressure washing. As far as income, I think they have plenty of money, judging by the company check they paid me with, apparently they have a business owning/managing rental properties. Not to mention a piece of river front property like theirs in this area would sell for a pretty penny.

Not to mention a piece of river front property like theirs in this area would sell for a pretty penny.

looks like they have one of those jobs like a mechanic. you work on everyones cars all day to come home and the last thing you want to do is work on your own car. lol

how long did it take you to wash the house? what kind of house wash did you use? hot or cold water?

.... judging by the company check they paid me with, apparently they have a business owning/managing rental properties. Not to mention a piece of river front property like theirs in this area would sell for a pretty penny.

You probably just cultivated a lot of business for yourself.

Good job.

how long did it take you to wash the house? what kind of house wash did you use? hot or cold water?

3 1/2 hours - strong mix of chlorine and emulsifer plus - cold water

Emulsifer plus works outstanding on cobwebs. I had to use full strength chlorine in a lot of areas. One advantage to this job was that there wasn't any vegitation to rinse or look at for. The home owner and I decided that any surounding forest that my chemicals burned would be a bonus.