Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Barlox on a Housewash

Question

I just recieved my sample gallon of Barlox 10-s in time for a housewash I have tommorrow. From what I have read, 4 fl oz per gallon of chlorine is effective. If you have tried Barlox I am interested in hearing your opinion it and if this small amount of surfactant actually works.

10 answers to this question

Hi Ken,

4 ounces works fine. Any more and I get too much foam...

I've used it in my chlorine for 6 months now and like it. It has good surfactant properties. I also use emulsifier plus from Espec. The only thing I prefer the emulsifier plus over the barlox is if there are carbon deposits or a greasy film on the surface. the barlox isn't any help there.

Emulsifier Plus nets out at about $1.45 per gal of mix and barlox nets at $.85 per gal of mix. (barlox @ $27 for 32 gals of chlorine mix and emulsifier plus $80 for 55 gals mix).

Hope this helps.

I have heard of cleansol and read about it on eacochems web page I imagine it would work great. I also would think it would cost more than a good soap and bleach mix. I use Glory for tractors and ocassionaly on houses as well and it works great for both.

Richard

$600 for 55 gallons. OOOUUUCCCCHHHH! Thats $10.90 a gallon. What are you charging for a house wash? Must be a lot to cover that kind of expense. I use a simple mix of chlorine and emulsifer plus. and my per gallon cost comes in at maybe 1.20 a gallon of which an average house I may use 5 or 6 gallons thats $6 in house wash mix per house.

Thats a chunk o-change there!! I can get my glory for around $250 for a 55gal drum. Mostly on houses I use emulsifier plus from e-spec mixed with 12.5% bleach at a 50/50 mix then downstream onto the house. Works great for me. E-spec is having a sale right now for the month. Check them out.

Richard