Sign in to follow this  
sturgisjr

Superdeck vs. WoodTux/ReadySeal

Question

I have used WoodTux and my customers and myself are in Awe with its durability and Color Retention. From what I hear, Ready Seal is just as good. I am offering Ready Seal to my customers this year.

Although there are so many high praises on the WoodTux and ReadySeal, I was wondering if anyone has tried or know about the SuperDeck Stains and how that compares with WoodTux and ReadySeal.

I can get SuperDeck Locally and if it is as great as it sounds, I would like to add that to my list of stains that I offer. I also like the reliability of getting it local in cases when I need to get it at the last minute.

You can check it out at www.superdeck.com

I would very much appreciate responses on this.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Personally I try to pick one or two products at the most and stick with them. I've never tried super deck before but think carefully about carrying too many products. Unless you want to carry a bunch of different sealers in different colors in stock.

I also have a policy of not using new products until they have been out for at least 3-5 years. I want to know exactly what to expect from a product in the future before I start putting it on a clients property. I also want to make sure I can get it from a few different sources.

Just to be clear, I do not offer too many choices. At the time being, it is only WoodTux and Ready Seal for Semi-transparent stains and Cabots Solid Color Decking Stains. I have had a few cases, one of which I am facing now in which a customer wants to use a Cabots Semi-Trans and I am STILL trying to figure that out which is being discussed in another forum.

I was just curious if SuperDeck, which has been around for a while was just as good as either Ready Seal or WoodTux. It has become somewhat of an inconvenience getting the RS and WT and I would like to try and find something that is just as good locally. That why I wanted to know on the durability and the color retention of Super Deck.

Thanks for any responses especially from those with in depth expereince with this product.

Used Superdeck for years, wouldn't go back. Bad mildew, tough to recoat. If looking for something local that is good, stick with Sikkens SRD or TWP. I've used some Cabot products with good results, but they just have too much stuff in their line for me to choose from.

Thank you for your responses... eventhough there werent many responses, it was enough for me stop considering the product. I do know for a fact that 2 of my competitors use this product. Will check out TWP and Sikkens if I can get it locally. For the time being, Cabots is the only GOOD product I can get locally.

Thanks again.

Super Glue- Don't use stuff that forms a film go with RS or TWP. When you get call backs its a easier. Super glue is wax with sticky stuff in it Even a product like wood tux it forms a film I think the jury is still out for recoating decks. Once you use it will it penitrate into the wood when recoating ? You have more trouble 5 years down the road with film products. I have no problems with redos and no complaints

Even a product like wood tux it forms a film I think the jury is still out for recoating decks.

We can tell you that after two years, the Wood Tux holds up very well, and maintenance coats look very sharp. When properly applied, it doesn't form a film at all. If over applied, like MANY things, that is possible. With a proper application there is no film present.

Beth

Here's a shot of a deck before we washed it today. This deck was done 10 months ago by another company. The customer said at 4 months he was disgusted, by 7 months he called us. The durability was just not There. This was not a clear either.

Beth:lgbugeyes

post-1-137772143129_thumb.jpg

If Wood tux Doesn't form a film on top ? It forms a barrier so you can't get further penitration. So the Maint. coats are a dilution of the product for cosmedics at the surface ? I have sum this is what i have concluded. Wood Tux is a drying oil which forms a film around something to prevent water from penitrating and more wood tux? how much did you use and did you cut if for maint. ?