Sign in to follow this  
aph111

Deckster Wand

Question

I have been getting a few deck jobs and was looking at the Deckster wand with thumb wheel adjuster.Anybody use this(good or bad)?I was thinking of ordering one for my shurflo to apply stain.I think the adjustment would cut down on applying excess stain in certain situations.

16 answers to this question

we use the same one.....we apply everything with it, stripper, ox, RS..... the pressure adjustment is what makes it.....

I saw your sprayer setup in another thread. I really like the setup and am going to try and build my own.

Mike

Here's what i use this is the 4 ft wand and i also have a 3ft wand for smaller tight jobs.

This type of wand makes it easier to spray tall arbors and also those 8' high fences.

I buy the parts from Tom Baker who owns Texas Wood Products in Plano.When he ships me my pallets of stain he'll send them with my order.I'll add the pipe ext to give a handle to hold on to.

The wand and trigger is a little pricey but if you take care of them they will last.I also buy the tips from him also 2 sizes is all you need.I use them for staining and cleaning i've never used anything else.

Call me if you want one Art i'll hook a brother up :cool:

I like, I like........let a brutha know how much !!!!!

ohh it's about 40-$50 for the complete wand Mike the tips are $10 for the small tip and $5 for the big tips.

I love the 4' wand it's great to reach those high places instead of climbing a ladder. :cool:

Here is a pic of the trigger made by Spray systems Inc.and it holds up pretty good for using bleach,stripper etc

Shane, where do you get those trigger guns from? You say they hold up nice to chlorine? How good? I've just spent hours on the internet looking for a nice spray gun that I can use for applying strong concentrations of chlorine to my roof jobs instead of the pvc wands I'm currently using. I need something with very corrosion resistant, durable, internal parts.

CCPC,

I get them from my supplier of Gray Away Texas Wood Products in Plano Tx. 972-423-0211

Hmmm i think i've been using the same trigger for 6 months or so.I've been using these triggers for years and have been very pleased on how they hold up.Now they are a little pricey at $25 a pop but i think they are more than worth it.They also sell the plastic wand to match the trigger but i still use the 4' brass wand.

espec has a chlorine gun too......small ones like Shanes and bigger ones like a regular PW'N gun......was thumbing thru an older catalog and saw them....I have their poly gun with stainless lance which came with fan tip......the gun is great but the tip blows and it doesn't come off, and I haven't got around to messing with it...I'm sure I'll get some use out of it when I mess with it, but I have only used it once since owning it....I use the deckster wand exclusively now