Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

cedar fence cleaned

Question

5 answers to this question

thanks Beth......

went the cheap route.......had a mix of 12% already mixed up from doing something else----squirt of dawn and away I went......knew it would come clean, so it was a bit of an expirement......bath of ox and done.....quicly too

Beth:

I am just starting up a fence/deck staining business in Texas and my first fence was mine..gray like the one in the picture, but I used a 50/50 mix water & bleach. Do I understand that I could use only 12%? Also, about how much Dawn do you use in a 2 gal sprayer?? And what do you use to protect the flower, etc in the picture??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

denny hollis

Beth:

I am just starting up a fence/deck staining business in Texas and my first fence was mine..gray like the one in the picture, but I used a 50/50 mix water & bleach. Do I understand that I could use only 12%? Also, about how much Dawn do you use in a 2 gal sprayer?? And what do you use to protect the flower, etc in the picture??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

denny hollis

I cut the 12% down to about 6% with water 50/50........about a teaspoon of dawn in 5 gallons.......pre-wet the little garden, apply the mix, re-wet the plants, let it soak on the fence for a bit and power wash with about 600 psi (#10 nozzle 40 degree, 4010).....by now the plants are really saturated, oxalic applied, rinse plants again and done....