Sign in to follow this  
Snow Lover

Time? Need advice ASAP

Question

Got my hours changed at work,go in at 12:30pm, some days mite go in at 10:30am.

Can't work weekends because of other activity I am already involved in (racing).

I have not bought any equipment yet. Got a chance to bid on some house washing jobs.

Have to be home by 11:45 so I can get cleaned up for work.

Don't want to spend money on equipment and insurance,then find out I don't have time to do this business the proper way.

I really need your help and advice!!

Thanks

Tim

5 answers to this question

Tim, I would think long and hard about it. A few hours in the morning to do estimates, paperwork, and jobs? I am assuming you have no experience so that means you will be rushing through jobs and making a ton of mistakes that could cost you above and beyond your initial business investment.

I wouldn't attempt it with that little time. Things can go wrong at anytime and are you willing to be late for your main job or not show up at all? The people that hire you to do the cleaning will suffer through your need to hurry up and get the job done. When your work quality suffers so will your reputation. If you want to change careers something has to be given up to make time for the new one to succeed.

Ken you hit the nail on the head,I am a newbie.

Been thinking the same thing you said ever since they changed my hours.My wife said something about rushing to get done in time.

I think it boils down to you being nice and bacicly saying don't do it.

I am going to take your advice and skip this business idea.

Thanks for saving me from making a BIG mistake.

Tim

I am glad you guys are honest with me.

Hope you guys have a great business year.

Tim

Of course, you never know when your hours will change again, so don't give up all hope of a pressure washing career.

There is always night work, if you can afford the hot water equipment (and reclaim, if needed).