Sign in to follow this  
FullBlast

Help bid unit houses.

Question

Going tomorrow to look at 16 double unit town houses. Just wondering what the best way to bid this would be? By the house, or one big figure?? I know someone asked this not long ago but didn't feel like taking the time to go back thru and dig it out. Thanks in advance. We'll see what we got tomorrow and maybe have some pics.

12 answers to this question

Going tomorrow to look at 16 double unit town houses. Just wondering what the best way to bid this would be? By the house, or one big figure?? I know someone asked this not long ago but didn't feel like taking the time to go back thru and dig it out. Thanks in advance. We'll see what we got tomorrow and maybe have some pics.

Give 'em a big bid and divide into a per unit price. They will compare the whole bid, but mgmt companies often take it to a homeowners assoc and they like to know per-unit charges for assessments. And give a line item breakdown of buildings, concrete, gutters, etc. They will often pick and choose to make if fit their budget.

Well not quite for sure what the deal here is yet, a contractor called me, so they must be doing some work there or something. These house by what it sounded like was on some army base because he said something about troop or something stayed there, I guess we'll find out today some more details.

Was down and took a look at these houses today. There is 15 of them and their all the same. Only catch is that when you start washing you have to have a schedule and stick to it till your done, every day. No taking off for a day if something else comes up!! I have about a hour ride down there and I figure 2-3 houses a day with 2 men. What for price should I shoot for?? I kinda have a idea but was wondering what your thot were? Thanks!!

post-976-137772143315_thumb.jpg

post-976-137772143592_thumb.jpg

Just a few questions for you. This is a nice gig, you can make a quick buck moving at three per day.

Is this a soap on/soap off job, meaning no gutter scrubbing or rust removing from the concrete?

How many rigs are you using? Reason I ask is I was curious as to why you would go with three guys.

Using just what I see and assuming no special treatment for gutters, one laborer, vinyl siding, and easy access I would go $250 apiece.

If you look closer I was going to use 2 men. 1 trailer with 2 washers. 1 man in the front one in the back. What you think one man could 2 a day? Sometimes I just don't know how much I can do. On this job what I say I can do that day I have to stick to it. If I tell them 2 a day and I'm done at 2:00 I can't start on the next one. You know how them big jobs are, always a catch.

took a bid of $365 per house, and they called me back and said go ehead with it. Said when I get done with that he has some more work for me so that sound good too!!!! We won't start on these till mid June.

Thanks everyone for there time and attention!!!!!!

took a bid of $365 per house, and they called me back and said go ehead with it. Said when I get done with that he has some more work for me so that sound good too!!!! We won't start on these till mid June.

Thanks everyone for there time and attention!!!!!!

nice....is the $365 for the building alone or all the walks and drives too? the reason I ask is, an individual house that size for a single customer, (not a package of homes) I would have said $329-379 depending on how scummy there were.....love vinyl, love x-jet, love $$$$$$$$$$

again, nice job getting the gig

nice....is the $365 for the building alone or all the walks and drives too? the reason I ask is, an individual house that size for a single customer, (not a package of homes) I would have said $329-379 depending on how scummy there were.....love vinyl, love x-jet, love $$$$$$$$$$

again, nice job getting the gig

That price is just for the house alone. No sidewalks, no extras. Just ordered a x-jet this week, will see how I like it!!??!!

Hey just finished up this yesterday! Everything went smooth, with my x-jet and my new flo-jet 2 of us went each day and did 2-3 a day. He was pleased and I said something to him about some fenceing that needed washed so he said give him price on this too, so maybe this is going down the right trail...Going to put the fence on a nother post. O and to come to find out this is part of CAMP DAVID!!!!! Blew my mind when I heard this!!!

what did you think of your new X-jet ???? nice tool eh ??

Man that saves a pile of work goes a lot faster. Also my new flowjet was cool too!! Thankfully the gutters cleaned right up with the house wash and didn't have to pull a brush once. Did have to use a ladder for 4 of the in the front and back because of some heavy stains, but not bad. We got ourselve a system going and didn't even wash any ends of the house, he did the ends I did front and backs. We were doing them in about 2 hrs each.;)