Sign in to follow this  
Hydroservices

Has any one seen this?

Question

I was looking at some web sites yesterday and found this company in Denver, CO, that does shopping cart cleaning and repair. I have never heard of anyone doing this before so I gave them a call and asked a few questions about it. They told me that they do work for companies such as Sams Club, Wal Mart, and Costco on a regular basis and that they have a monthly contract with Checker Auto Parts.

Do you guys think shopping cart cleaning could be a possible moneymaker?

http://www.parkandcart.com/index.shtml

7 answers to this question

Hey Jason it can be very profitable. I have one account like that and all i do is clean the carts a a squirt of oil on the wheels and thats it. I do it once a month.

Hey Jason it can be very profitable. I have one account like that and all i do is clean the carts a a squirt of oil on the wheels and thats it. I do it once a month.

Would you mind sharing what you charge for that. I know no one is doing that around here. I actualy thought of it a while ago but couldn't think of how to price it.

Thanks. Mac.:lgmoneyey

I know that in my area they are getting around 3 bucks a cart. and there have been links posted on this site as well for cart cleaning pods that you stick the cart inside and it is an eclosed washing.

It's amusing to me how all over the place pricing is when it comes to washing. Shopping cart $3, Car $2.50...

I imagine you could do a ton of these in very short time. For you guys that do them.. Do you have to spearate the carts or can they all be cleaned at one time? I guess you would have to separate them at some point to take the trash out of them? Do you have to inspect each one for damage?

I get between 2- and 2.50 a cart. An a 1.00 for a squirt of oil. I separate them spray a nice soap on them and let sit tilli get to the end of the line then i spray them down. I do take the trash out before hand.