Sign in to follow this  
R L S

Pump Pressure

Ok here is the story. I pulled my pump head off to inspect the plungers and make sure everything was ok and that no o-rings were bad. I put the pump back together and now I have a sputering 500psi and that is all she'll give me. my pump is a HOTSY pump and I believe they make their own pumps and of course my dealer is closed right now.

Is the pump air locked? or does anyone have any ideas. And of course I have a 13,000sqft brick wash job to finish tomorrow, maybe. Thanks for any feedback.

Richard

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Sorry I do the same thing all the time. Have you tried taking it apart again? I have found that sometimes the valves get misaligned or bound up and I get very little pressure when that happens. I broke one before on the reassembly as well. Hope you get it fixed though.

Ok here is the story. I pulled my pump head off to inspect the plungers and make sure everything was ok and that no o-rings were bad. I put the pump back together and now I have a sputering 500psi and that is all she'll give me. my pump is a HOTSY pump and I believe they make their own pumps and of course my dealer is closed right now.

Is the pump air locked? or does anyone have any ideas. And of course I have a 13,000sqft brick wash job to finish tomorrow, maybe. Thanks for any feedback.

Richard

Is your water source from a tank or hose bib? If it's from a tank, disconnect it and hook it to the house and let the machine run with an open hose for about 3-4 minutes. This will clear out any air that might've gotten in there.

Sorry Russ I didnt see your reply. Yep got her working. You were right it was the packing and the GENERAL kit 19 fit perfectly like you said. Thanks for all your help.

Richard