Sign in to follow this  
John T

A fast Hello

I'm sure most everybody is having a good year and for the ones that aren't keep hammering away because there is a pot of $$$$ at the end of the rainbow. I've been extremely busy and loving every minute of it. I still read as much as I can here at Beth's/Rods bb which as usual is at the top of the game but I haven't had much time to post.

Just a fast note I'm on the PWNA Convention committee and where in the process of hammering out the details for next years Convention in Memphis. Things are looking good and I will post some more when I have some more info to report.

Ok time to go to sleep because tomorrow is another big day...because my 4 yr old graduates...pre-school and then its off to Powerwashing land.

Great to hear that business is going well for you John. We have been really busy out here in sunny CA.

It is a wonderful thing to get to play in water and get paid for it :)

Hello John,

I had asked last year back in October about the convention for this year to see if they could move some of the classes out because there was like 6 classes I would like to attend but they were at the same time. Some of us one man shows do not bring anyone and would like a chance to attend them all. My posts and another member's posts seem to have fallen on deaf ears or the people did not care. I was told that they were looking into it and not one thing had changed. For me the Convention was going to be very expensive with travel, hotel, convention fees, etc.. and I could not afford to go this year. If I could have gone I would have been able to go to only 3 classes out of 13 because of everything at one time the first day. Could you please see if there is some way to spread the classes out so a person could attend more? I would really like to go and learn as much as possible but when you add the costs of everything and then realize that you could only attend 3 classes out of all the ones you were excited about then it kind of bursts your balloon. I am sure that if I posted again, I would get the same response "We will look into it" so I do not think I will even try. Yes there are a lot of people I would like to meet and learn from and attend the trade shows but being new to the business I would like to maximize my learning and time there because it is only once a year. I would be proud to tell my friends and colleagues that I learned so much that my head was about to burst from the knowledge and wisdom I received instead of "Yeah, I attended 3 classes there" during the 2 or 3 days there and the classes were only an hour and a half long and spent the rest of the time there walking around and browsing. I am sure that you can figure out what anyone would tell you if you told them that but you do not want to hear that you spent a lot of money for only 3 classes. You want to brag to them how much you learned and how it was worth 10 times the price you paid and that you told them they should have attended also and now they missed out.

I know this is long but I am passionate about learning more and more. Thanks.

Chris,

Your points are very valid and have not fell on deaf ears. Of a matter of fact where discussing about not even having Certification Boot Camps at the Conventions because they to cut accross so many other classes due to the time it takes to take these Bootcamps. Should we NOT have these Bootcamps during the Conventions??

As for the other classes that is going to be also addressed. Hopefully we'll come up with a better schedule then we had at the past Convention. Speaking about the past Convention it was a success. From what I'm hearing it was the best one yet still we are going to try do better with next years convention.

Hi Chris,

John is correct and there was actually quite a bit of discussion about your posts. Unfortuanetly there just isn't enough time to spread out all of the classes during such a short period of time. I will say that even if you were only able to make one class, it would be well worth your time and money. Just because you can't make all the classes does not mean that you can't get a HUGE jump in experience and knowledge from the others that are attending the event. All of the people I spoke with and still chat with have told me they learned a great deal from me and many others they met at the convention. See, it's not all about the classes for some of us. It's about the networking and meeting people that will help you advance your business much faster than you could ever do on your own. Meeting with others and finding out how they do things and why gives you the opportunity to learn from the past mistakes of others saving you lots of lost money and time. I consider the conventions to be a constant on-going class and it pays off very well.

Hello John and Henry,

There were so many great classes that I would like to have attended (If I had been able to go) to further my education and increase the avenues for revenue. I hope I will be able to go to the next convention. Are the days finalized so I can start planning (At the Refinery where I work full-time we do our whole year vacation picks in November for the following year)? I had a great time in the wood boot camp with Everett. He is very intelligent and shares the information and he cares about people he was teaching. Sometimes that is hard to find around where I am from. I am sure that a lot of people would like to attend the boot camps. I will attend the wood boot camp in a couple of years as a refresher but I am not ready for vent hoods in my line of work. Someday when I have the knowledge that a lot of others have, I would not mind teaching about something I know well. Thanks for the responses. I now feel that I was heard and the response was a lot more professional and I appreciate that. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this