Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Chlorine performance...

Question

I did a house wash this past weekend with some chlorine I did not use from last season; this makes it about nine months old and stored in the garage all winter. It was individual sealed in gallon jugs. I also brought a fresh case with me if the old stuff did not work. To my pleasure the old stuff worked fine and this house was green on a number of sides. The owner said the house looked brand new. So much for worrying about the age of pool shock for me. Did I also mention I love my X-jet!

2 answers to this question

That's funny, I buy chlorine from a pool supply near me in 5 gal jugs. I swear that it looses it's potency from sitting in my truck in the heat. There's been times where I've had a 5gal jug in my truck for a week and i have to double the potency to get the job done.

There's definitely some truth to that. I used to buy my chlorine from Ace and just recently started buying from Pinch-A-Penny and there was a huge difference in the potency. I believe the reason is that Ace sells far less chlorine then the P-A-P does so the chlorine is a little weaker. The P-a-P has there 2 thousand g. tanks filled a couple of times a week where as the Ace had theirs refilled every couple of weeks and even then the tanks were still about half full.