Sign in to follow this  
Joel Hawley

Its official, I am out of work

Question

Thursday was my last day at the Ford Dealership I have worked at for the last 9 years. Here is a pic of me and my boss at a going away party they had for me. Had a great time. On the way home I got to thinking Holly Chit, its all on me now. The only pay check I will be getting is the one I generate. Its all kind of starting to hit home :D

16 answers to this question

Joel,

Best wishes go out to you along with hope for a long and profitable career in the P/W business.

You know you have a lot of friends out here so don't feel like you're out there by yourself.

The moving truck is going to be here on the 31st of this month and we are going to head north on the 1st. The only thing I will have to do when I get there, (besides the unpacking and moving in and all of that) is get my insurance squared away. I am hoping to have better luck with it talking face to face with people instead of over the phone. Having a hard time getting people to call me back. If I can't find a local agent to write me I will go through Joe Walters, Alls I have to do there is pay him.

Paul, how are you doing. I got the letter from you day before yeterday. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much though. As a matter of fact my wife may have packed it up already. I keep telling my daughter not to sit still for to long or her mom might put her in a box and put her in the garage.:D

thats good news ...you have other fish to fry for the time being...plenty of time to mess about :) .

we are all doing well, it was my lads birthday last friday and here he is with a couple of presents in our road.

Joel,

You will do just fine out in Maryland. Best of luck, you got friends out here to help ya dude, remember that.

Paul,

You still alive????? haven't heard much from ya lately.

Reed

Best of Luck to you Joel.

I think about it all the time on doing the same thing that you just did. I can retire from my one job next year and just do Powerwashing as my sole job. I just may do that because I don't know how much longer I can do these two jobs fulltime like I'm doing now.

Of course If you ever need any help from us where here for you.

hi reed ...not had any problems lately things are just ticking over,if i get a problem i'll give a shout .

been away last few weekends and next bankholiday we are going jetskiing\ camping.

cheers paul.

Thanks for all of the support folks, I appreciate it. Here is a couple of pictures of the going away present the dealership gave me. They bought it new a few years ago and only used it once. When I took it to the Honda dealership to have it serviced because it had been sitting for so long they all laughed because it was the only snow blower they have ever sold here in Nashville.

I hope to be able to use it to supplement my income in the winter time.

When unloading it and walking it up to my garage I thought about the fact that it has been 11 years since I have had to worry about any serious snow. Then I remembered all of the $$ I used to make back home in Northren Idaho shoveling roofs and clearing driveways and the thought of the cold just sort of melted away.

Joel that little box behind your new snow blower, just exactly what type of greens leaves is in there?

Or should I say what a high going away gift!!!

(only kidding you guy, hope you get to use that snow blower)

Jon

Jon,

You seem to have a very good eye for that stuff.

Any of those nasty weeds growing in your garden?

If you do, you must burn them immediately but do not inhale (just like Clinton).

Paul I grew up in the Hippie era, sister still lives that lifestyle!

I don't smoke, never did and seldom drink, a pina colada once in awhile but probably no more then 5 or 6 a year if that many.

As for being street smart and knowing things, sure, and with two cops in the family and two neighors that are cops what would you expect?

Heck I don't even take the meds doctors prescribe half the time, hate drugs but does not mean I am against them.

Live and let live, what you do in your home is your business and no one else's. The government has not right to say what you can do inside your house, legal or not as long as you do not harm others.

I live by that code, I had neighbors who were gay, had friends who were gay too and treated them as equal, I say HAD friends as one got a bit fresh and learned the hard way what I do to people who touch or grab wrong place, even in kidding around.

So much for my personal self here now back to the post!

JOEL, do you need duct tape so you don't have to listen to your Mother-out-law often?

Oh and where do we send the welfare check to:D

Good luck and welcome to the full time business of PWing.

Jon