Sign in to follow this  
Jon

Ay- yuh. That's how 'tis.

Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Necks are Northerners -- the opposite of Rednecks. Because of Redneck jokes, here are some takes on how Southern folks look at Northerners (or how Northerners sometimes think of themselves

YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUE NECK IF...

Instead of referring to two or more people as "Y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.

You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

You think Heinz Ketchup is really SPICY.

You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the road. (e.g., boiled peanuts).

You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.

For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.

You don't know what a moon pie is.

You've never had an RC Cola.

You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or pickled.

You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

You have no idea what a polecat is.

You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.

You don't have bangs.

You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "Cokes."

You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.

You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-'n-knife show.

You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.

You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.

The last time you smiled was when you blocked someone from getting on an on-ramp to the highway.

You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

You have more than one professional sports team in your home state.

You call binoculars opera glasses.

You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)

You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)

You don't have Maw-maw's & Pawpaw's.

You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

None of your fur coats are homemade.

7 answers to this question

- referring to two or more people as "Y'all,"

Guilty

- You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

BBQ = food. GRILL = "to cook outside"

- You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the road. (e.g., boiled peanuts).

Pork rinds, fried potato chips, funnel cake.

- For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.

Breakfast = grits, bacon/sausage, eggs, toast. Cream of wheat is used to hang wallpaper.

- You don't know what a moon pie is.

I know what one is, and where to get one within 5 minutes or less.

- You've never had an RC Cola.

Again, where to get one within 5 minutes or less.

- You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or pickled.

Fried. Any other way is just wrong.

- You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

huh?

- You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

Caught, killed, and eaten both.

- You have no idea what a polecat is.

Or smells like...

- You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.

We do it for laughs.

- You don't have bangs.

Men do not have bangs.

- You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

My son will likely be a pro TV fisherman. 14yrs old and hookin up 140lb marlins already.

- You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "Cokes."

Any carbonated beverage is a Coke. Except Pepsi, that's for northerners. And RC is a cola, but not a "coke"

- You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.

Or a banana sandwich.

- You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-'n-knife show.

Vacation? There are local to me. Perhaps a weekend...

- You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.

Does the trailer count?

- You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

No large animals. John Deere and Remington hats for me.

- You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

Huh? How hard is it to spit out a window?

- You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)

I know whole families with two first names.

- You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)

HEY!! What's wrong with calling momma Jimmy?

- You don't have Maw-maw's & Pawpaw's.

Sadly, I no longer have a Maw-Maw or Paw-Paw. But, I almost cried when my two year old just started calling my dad Paw-Paw.

- You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

I find it horribly rude when I'm on the subway and someone just walks off when I'm just trying to talk to them... People down here don't behave like that...

- None of your fur coats are homemade.

Bear skin for me.

Phillip is just asking for it. LOL

referring to two or more people as "Y'all,"

Guilty

Sheesh even us Native Californian's can say it when we meet up with um, Y'all!

You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

BBQ = food. GRILL = "to cook outside"

If it is good tasting food who cares how it is cooked as long as it is not spicy.

You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the road. (e.g., boiled peanuts).

Pork rinds, fried potato chips, funnel cake.

Does road kill count too? what if a good road kill is a grillin? Had funnel cake for first time at Dollyland, sure was good too, I think it was funnel cake, long round sugar coated thing like over grown pretzel.

For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.

Breakfast = grits, bacon/sausage, eggs, toast. Cream of wheat is used to hang wallpaper.

Grits is for sure a Southern dish, and I tried them in one of those nice county restaurants called um, well shucks I plum forgot but there all over the South. Nice good food too.

You don't know what a moon pie is.

I know what one is, and where to get one within 5 minutes or less.

RIght I don't.

You've never had an RC Cola.

Again, where to get one within 5 minutes or less.

Don't drink any kind of soda nor beer but RC used to be big in CA.

You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or pickled.

Fried. Any other way is just wrong.

YUCKY

You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

huh?[/b [/b]

What I say, finger eatin food.

You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

Caught, killed, and eaten both.

Seen em, watched my dad twist their necks, chop them off, hand it to me to de-feather it, give to mom to cook. All I will say about cows is I used to serve slaughter houses, nough said.

You have no idea what a polecat is.

Or smells like...

Guilty, hey now I am a Californian ok.

You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.

We do it for laughs.

I seen a lot of silly things you Southerner's do but don't laugh, well not to loudly anyway.

You don't have bangs.

Men do not have bangs.

Wanna bet? come to Hollywood or West Hollywood CA.

You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

My son will likely be a pro TV fisherman. 14yrs old and hookin up 140lb marlins already.

Now here I will say Congrats to your son, that is one heck of a fish, did you help at all ?

You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "Cokes."

Any carbonated beverage is a Coke. Except Pepsi, that's for northerners. And RC is a cola, but not a "coke"

Been through the cook museum, so what. Besides asking for a Pepsi in Atlanta or for that matter anyplace in Georgia is asking for a stabbing in the back.

You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.

Or a banana sandwich.

A WHAT?

You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-'n-knife show.

Vacation? There are local to me. Perhaps a weekend...

What's a vacation, is that when you stop work for a few hours of rest? We got them gun n knife shows but the city of Los Angeles wants to outlaw them, in fact CA wants to outlaw them. Now here is when I say I am NOT a Californian.

You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.

Does the trailer count?

Ok well allow your trailer to count, this time only but don't get caught without it!

You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

No large animals. John Deere and Remington hats for me.

Yeah I got one says Colt, Thompson, er wait that submachine gun is not to be talked about, sorry. um, got one that says and this is the truth: " I am not hard of hearing, I am ignoring you!".

You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

Yeah and the poor chap in the back seat with his window open just got it splashed in his face!

You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)

That is a Southern thing.

You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)

Does a Boy names Sue count?

Sadly, I no longer have a Maw-Maw or Paw-Paw. But, I almost cried when my two year old just started calling my dad Paw-Paw.

Nope, Mother, Mom, Dad and Father, when little mommy and daddy. Man you Southerner's is truly STRANGE

You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

I find it horribly rude when I'm on the subway and someone just walks off when I'm just trying to talk to them... People down here don't behave like that...[/b

SUBWAYS, that's a sandwhich place!

None of your fur coats are homemade.

Bear skin for me.

Sorry Daniel Boone, ain't got no fur coat, I am a working man!

Now I do say you had some cute answers so I just had to spoil them.

Grits is for sure a Southern dish, and I tried them in one of those nice county restaurants called um, well shucks I plum forgot but there all over the South. Nice good food too.

Grits are a staple food here.

Now here I will say Congrats to your son, that is one heck of a fish, did you help at all ?

Nope. And it'd be more likely the other way around. He's been deep sea fishing with his grandfather since he was old enough to hold a pole. Fishing in a gulf wide tournament this weekend. Unless the leaderboard changes by morning, he's got the #2 grouper at 56#

Been through the cook museum, so what. Besides asking for a Pepsi in Atlanta or for that matter anyplace in Georgia is asking for a stabbing in the back.

No lie. Coke has employees here go into resturants and ask for a coke. If they are served pepsi w/o being asked "Is Pepsi ok?" they then let the mamager know that the indescretion will not be tolerated.

Or a banana sandwich.

A WHAT?

Two pieces of bread, some mayo, and a dozen or so banana slices. You should try one, they are great.

the city of Los Angeles wants to outlaw them, in fact CA wants to outlaw them. Now here is when I say I am NOT a Californian.

Ditto here.

Yeah and the poor chap in the back seat with his window open just got it splashed in his face!

Not if you do it right!

That is a Southern thing.

Yep. And mostly reserved to rural areas.

Does a Boy names Sue count?

I only know one, and alas he passed along a few years back....

Nope, Mother, Mom, Dad and Father, when little mommy and daddy. Man you Southerner's is truly STRANGE

MawMaw and PawPaw are for grandparents. As a Pahp-Aww and mee-maw (phonetic spellings)

Now I do say you had some cute answers so I just had to spoil them.

No spoiler. I laughed at the first post and your reply.

Question: Do you guys think Jeff Foxworthy is really funny, or is he only funny to us. I get the impression that when non-southerners listen to JF they are laughing at a stereotype. Kinda like me laughing at Mel Brooks doing a rabinical jew. However, when I listen to Jeff Foxworthy I am laughing at specific people I know that he just nailed to a "T"...