Sign in to follow this  
Claude Hawkins

I guuuar-an-teee-it.

Question

I'm putting the final touches on my website and I have reached the point where I need to decide what kind of guarantee (if any) I want to include with my pw services.

What's your opinion on guarantees?

A long time ago I worked in retail. In that far epoch many upscale retail stores had an absolute guarantee, i.e. bring it back, all your money returned, few questions asked.

Now, even some of the best retail stores are getting edgy about returns. Changing times? More crooked customers? Greedy stores?

I recently read an article that urged any service business to incorporate a "complete satisfaction" guarantee on their work as a advantage over the competition.

In my head this sounds logical, although I understand that I will eat some loses due to unethical customers. (It's a universal problem.)

Do you decide if your work is the best quality or do you leave it up to your customers? Has anyone here been stung badly by a complete satisfaction guarantee? (Should there be a different guarantee for residential and commercial?)

Any comments, thoughts or elaborations would be appreciated.

Claude

6 answers to this question

I guarantee if they don't pay I'll break their arm.........LOL.

I agree with Cujo.

A not satisfied or you don't pay guarantee will likely get you burned more than once.There are homeowners that are looking for an angle to get something for nothing.

just guarantee they'll be happy or you'll make it right.....not that they dont have to pay.....thats BS. it may mean a trip or 2 back, which will sting a bit, but not getting paid at all is BAD.

pretty much a "satisfaction guaranteed"........

Ditto..."Satisfaction Guarantee on Workmanship." (or is it "workpersonship"?)

Materials applied have their own warranty - such as stains, paints, etc..

Sears just recently change their return policy - I think it's good as there were too many people returning things after 1 or 2 years of use. Now it's limited to 30 and 90 days - with receipt.

I keep it vague. At the top of my proposals is this:

PressurePros, Inc. agrees to provide services in a timely, professional manner. Quality of work outlined in this proposal is guaranteed to meet or exceed customer expectations.