Sign in to follow this  
Tronman

Chem pump set-up - 150-200'

Question

I want to create a chem pump system that I can leave in the truck, take a wand up a ladder and onto the roof, walk the roof from front to back with out moving the chem or pump.

I found a $250 water pump that will pump 140'. If I plug it inot a chem tank and then tap the other end down to a 1/4 or 1/2 inch double braided tubing with a wand on the end I should be able to do it. ShurFlo has a 150psi pump that will get 115' for $169.

Other than the utility dolly set-up with everything on it and different wand set-ups, what rigs do you guy's/gal's have set up for spraying 100% solution undiluted onto a roof so you are nto moving your pump, chem and ladder every 20 min..

9 answers to this question

125 gallon tank on the trailer with 200 ft of 3/8 poly-braided hose and a ShurFlo attached to a group 27 deep cycle marine battery. Everything is on the trailer except for the hose and wand. Whether chem is being applied undiluted or otherwise doesn't matter as long as the ShurFlo has viton seals and santoprene valves. As long as the hose is primed at ground level, it will pump 200+ ft with no problem.

I've got two setups like Don has listed except I'm using the pump that the deckster system. One is in one of my vans with two 15 gallon tanks for spraying sealers or stripper/brightner. The other is mounted on my rig with two 45 gallon tanks. Both have about 200' of hose and both will pump up to about 3 stories if assisted with an xjet.

What type of pumps are you using to get your 200'?

PSI -

GPM-

I spoke with shurflo and they stated I needed a 150psi pump.

If the line is primed on the ground do you need a strong pump to deliver 200' away?

What type of pumps are you using to get your 200'?

PSI -

GPM-

I spoke with shurflo and they stated I needed a 150psi pump.

If the line is primed on the ground do you need a strong pump to deliver 200' away?

Shurflo's site claims 115' of lift for a 2088. IIRC, 15psi =~ 33ft of lift Hence 115' ~= 50psi. That said, I had serious problems at 40'ish feet. Previous messages here indicate that my problemmay have been from not priming at the ground level first.

What PSI pumps is everyone using to get to the peak of the roof of a two story home? (60, 100, 150,...) Given you are on a ladder at the gutter and spraying towards the roof top.

I use 1.8gpm 60psi 200' of 3/8" polybraid. I always prime before climbing the ladder. I've never done a roof that it would not work just fine on.

I use 1.8gpm 60psi 200' of 3/8" polybraid. I always prime before climbing the ladder. I've never done a roof that it would not work just fine on.

Got a good source for 200' of hose? Every time I go by the center they have what's left on the spool (20-50ft) and nothing more. Someone here mentioned that they had problem reaching 40ft with a shurflo 3pgm/45psi? I have experienced similar. Should I switch to a 1.8gpm/60psi for better results?

Got a good source for 200' of hose? Every time I go by the center they have what's left on the spool (20-50ft) and nothing more. Someone here mentioned that they had problem reaching 40ft with a shurflo 3pgm/45psi? I have experienced similar. Should I switch to a 1.8gpm/60psi for better results?

Both, Lowe's and HD sell 100 ft. white poly-braided air hose for $20. We buy 2 at a time and put stainless fittings on them. I think the brand name is Ampro or Am-something-or-other.

I had the same problems with the 3gpm 45psi. couldn't keep it primed on the roof. I have not had that problem with the 1.8 60psi.