Sign in to follow this  
staudend

wood tux wet

Question

What's the best way to get rid of shiny spots after the fact with wood tux wet? It's easy to over apply because it takes awhile to soak in. Anybody feel free to jump in. I was thinking maybe a rag with HD 80 or something to wipe it with. Thanks, Nick

5 answers to this question

What about after a couple of weeks of curing? I wiped off the excess immediately after and there were still shinies here and there. This was applied 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, Nick

Nick,

If it was a few weeks ago and you have EFC-38, mix it at about 8 oz to a gallon, and hit just the effected areas, then neutralize just those areas. Try doing this with a deck brush and a hose to control what you are doing and not affect the whole deck. When it dries, go back and look to see if the Tux will need a touch up in just those areas ( it may or may not). The result you got was from over application. You can try a rag with mineral spirits too, but I think you are past that. That works when sealer is still tacky. Not once it has cured.... :cool:

Beth :groovy: :groovy2: :groovy3:

p.s. ....am suggesting EFC, since it is a cleaner and light duty stripper. Do not use HD-80 for this, or you'll end up doing the whole thing.... your goal is to take off the shiny, but leave what is under it.

Has Russell changed molecular size of the WT formula yet? I haven't talked to him in a couple of months. I am not real willing to start thinning with Xylene and mixing colors (if the tinting system is available yet) Beth, you mentioned the original WT (non wet) is being re-manufactured?