Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

Ready Seal on Flagstone

Question

Hey guys & gals.

Did a cedar sided house in 45 mph wind and ended up getting a few drops of stain on some of the flagstone. Can someone recommend the best method for cleaning that up? It was Ready Seal dark brown. Thanks

Gavin

13 answers to this question

If the flagstone is hot....good luck, but I've removed sealers from stone with just mineral spirits and a stiff brush, sometime a wire brush, but make sure you agitate the whole surface so it's even.

We do several things...you may think this is overkill... better than scrubbing flagstone.

:groovy: 1. pre-wet flagstone

:groovy: 2. put down plastic

:groovy: 3. cover plastic with a heavy canvas tarp

Beth :dancing:

Yes very true Beth water and more water...I tripple plastic when covering flagstone to prevent that little pin hole that might be in one sheet. :cool:

What's the difference between flagstone and regular concrete flatwork? I've taken stain off of concrete with HD 80 and it worked like a charm. Nick

We did have tarps down but unfortunately we were working in heavy wind and the wind carried some of the stain (drips) 30 to 40 feet away. Not only did it blow the stain but it also kept taking the tarps with it. This house is on top of a very high hill by itself so the conditions were constant. Got rained out on this one a record 6 times!! Lightning, wind, rain, hail... you name it and it happened on this job. Thanks for all of your replys. I'm giving it a shot today.

Gavin