Sign in to follow this  
Bob's Pro Wash

estimate

Question

27 answers to this question

par pro wash would wash a building 22 ft high for .50 per lin ft.

NOT ME.

A x-jet is a great tool but for metal building's it is prob only good for aplying the chem.

Then you may need an exstension wand. Maybe not.

As far as chem it depends on the type of soil your going to be removeing.

I would recomend LIMONLENE and DAWN applied with hot water/via x-jet. Then wash with x-jet and/or the exstension wand.

Then a downstream wax applied cold to rinse.

$1 per lin ft. at the min.

but that's me.

I am not looking at the job. Maybe it's a splash and dash.

Im a truck washer mostly and have 2 step chem's. So i could do this job fast with an x-jet but the chem cost's are high. So maybe $1.50 a lin ft.

Woops I made a little mistake in that post above I took the 80 x 30 and forgot to multiply x 2. Im use to putting the wheel measing tool to the ground and walking with it and taking the measurements not sitting behind a computer my mistake thanks for pointing it out to me Ron P. I would charge $1.00 per Linear Ft which would be 80+80+30+30=$220.00 each still not much more than 1 to 1.5 hrs each though its not much more than a double wide trailer. The big ones are 32x80 and I can wash them in 1.5 hrs. I always figure the time with the X-Jet and an Extension wand its just part of the job. As far as chems everybody has there favorite and Im going to leave it at that.:D

im not picking on par. pro wash but his comparasion to washing a mobile home is way off. No mobile home is 22 ft at the gable end's. Get the job but dont give it away.

Ron you must have not seen them on a hill site were a 24ft extension wont reach the top. We have them like that around here all the time. Without seeing pics of the job I was just trying to give him a rough estimate anyhow you and I both know you have to see the job in order to give an accurate price as to knowing whats on the metal and its age and how much the paint is faded, wheather or not the paint going to try and come off and so on and so forth. Also I dont know his market around there around here on a job like that $175.00 would be about as much as you could get but thats here in the Midsouth. I have had Beth do a check on the zip codes I work in and they are not that great so when I post I am posting what I could get here not what you could get or somebody else could get thats why asking for prices on these boards is not a great idea because every market is different.

It's important to keep in mind the demographics when you price jobs in a certain area. In a top 1% area, you'll get alot more for a job than you will in an area with a rural demographic. Only Morgan knows if he has room to go up or not. Based upon what I saw, he may well be within reach of the folks he's after. If he was in another demographic, I would say he's low.

If you are not sure about your area, pull up the thread about demographics and zips. It's in the Marketing area. I'll help you with zip codes.

Beth

Speed and good chems are the way I make money on jobs in my area. If I couldnt do a wash job fast I would go broke in this business in my area. I have to spend more on chems but the speed is where I make it up. I am in a rural area so I have to price a little cheaper in order to get the work if not I wouldnt get any work. I worked in Shelby county a couple of yrs ago and I could price my jobs higher however I was having to drive 60 miles one way to give an estimate that I might or might not get thats when I made the decision to stay in the county i'm in a lower my prices a little bit in the long run it worked out for me. My overhead isnt that bad thank goodness. I have an office in my house and all my equiment is payed for but even after lowering my prices I found out how to work faster and still average $60.00 an hr. The key is in the chems I used home brews for a while and found out right quick to get away from them you can clean with them but not near as fast as with a good quality chemical. Good luck Bob with whatever you decide to do. What kind of equipment do you have like an X-Jet or Extension Wand, how many gpm are you pushing these things will make a big difference in how fast you will work.:)

In the above Im not referring to the wood care end of my business just the washing end of it. I look at them seperately you have to because they are different.

Folks I can tell you, in Eads TN where Morgan lives you are not going to get top dollar for your service. I could get probably10 to 25% more for the same job in Nashville then Morgan can get in Eads. The folks there are good hard working people who are tight with a dollar and are by no means rich. If you want directions to Eads TN it goes something like " Drive till you get to the end of the earth, Eads is two more miles down the road" Morgan lives in the Country.

go with MORGAN, forget my post.

Maybe trade for some chicken's or have them butcher a deer for you. "fetch me my shootin iron woman, im goin huntin"

Im just bustin chopp's. Im just funnin youuu.

If you put JIMMIES on your ice cream and not SPRINKLES, charge If you wear TENNIES and not SNEAKER'S then charge less.

If you eat HERO'S or GRINDER'S and not SUB'S then charge less.

If WALLMART is the only place you shop, charge less.

If you buy fuel at THE FILLING STATION and not the GAS STATION charge less. If you shoot your dinner before you eat, charge less.

If you grow your dinner charge less. If your grandpa built your house, charge less. If DAIRY QUEEN and WALLMART are the only 2 places to buy ice cream, charge less. If the smallest section of WALLMART'S music section is RAP then thank god your a country boy.

I once felt the grass growing between my toes, now i have a mexican cut my lawn. I used to fish 3 day's a week. Now im lucky to eat fresh fish once a month.

Funny how joining the rat race turn's you into a rat. Did'nt even see it comeing. I remember what a day off felt like but even a day of no work is not a day off.

Maybe it's time to re-evaluewait my situation?

What? That went way over my head!!!!!!!!! Bob have Beth run your demographics and see what your area can handle money wise as far as Ron P I guess he just likes to type I really got nothing out of his last post except that he wants to charge less and go to Walmart.

Morgan,

I think Ron may have been taking a look at the types of stores in your area? Dunno...

Different markets have different thresholds. It's based upon some of the following:

1 or 2 earner income households

home value as compared to the national average

% homes in various income brackets (aim for the higher end homes always)

average income for the households in that area

lifestyle

Beth

Morgan Ron is just teasing you and does not mean bad, he is ok, well most times but then I go off course at times too.

I pretty much got his jokes but what is a HERO'S, never heard that word so must be a Southern thing!

Keep doing what your doing Morgan, your holding your own a and making a buck and that is how you support your family.

Might be in the future you can raise your prices a slight bit, something not easy to do in a highly competitive area like where I am.

Jon

PS: Ron, Rap is CRAP

Allright ya'll, ole Ronnie boy was just talkin in ways us "Southern, downhome, backwoods, redneck simple folk" can understand. He's done moved off from his country roots and gone ta livin in the high fallutin big city way up north thar. When Joel got ta givin them directions to the end of the earth ole Ronnie he got to thankin bout how much he's missin it and all and he got ta reminiscin bout the good life he left behind.

Ronnie boy, make yerself take one day off work and enjoy life agin. Put yer tennies on and head down to the country store and get yerself a hero sandwich with mustard. Later on, stop by the DQ and feast on one of them big banana splits with jimmies on it. Be sure to check yer gas tank 'fore ya head home cause ya might need ta go by the fillin station at walmart. While your there go on in and pick up one of Hank Williams Jr.'s "Greatest Hits" and just be glad that rap stuff don't get no more room than it does! And by the way, I gotta tell ya Ronnie boy, ya shoulda knowed better than to go off way up yonder and get all tangled up with them rats!

PS. I got the biggest kick out of reading Ron P's "funny" post. I couldn't help but ROFL because I understood completely everything he was saying! I guess that may tell you a little more about me than I really want you to know. Anyway, I don't post much to the board, but I sure appreciate everyone who does. Maybe someday I'll be in a position to give a little back for what I've gained. Until then, forgive my reply but I just couldn't resist! BTW, I know where Eads is and compared to my home in Bradford, Morgan lives in the city!

understand's me but im glad some do.

"i dont reckon i understand all of it, but i reckon i understand a great deal of it,unn huu"

my favorite line from SLINGBLADE.

bY THE WAY ive never even seen a wallmart.

My post was about demographic's.

The diffrent word's that describe the same thing can determine where you grew up.

I eat a SUB, you might eat a itialian sandwich,or a grinder, or a hoagie,torpedio,ect... What do you call a sandwich that is made at a pizza place?

ham,salamy,provolone cheese,lettuce,tomato,onion,oil,viniger,oregeno,and HOT PEPPER'S.

We call them subs

some call them heartburn.

Jimmies,sprinkle's are ice cream topping's

I know people that buy EVERYTHING at wallmart.

Ive never seen a walmart.

Ive lived in a lot of place's and was just remembering a better, simpler time.

I am just a city boy, but had to laugh at Ron's post as I do know what he was talking about.

Submarine sandwhich, Hoagie, Grinder, Torpedo, no matter how you slice it it is a meal. I know them by all the names you mentioned Ron, and as far as CA goes, most just say SUBWAY or TOGO"S.

Ron im a country boy. Born and raised in Sussex County, DE. I know what your saying but here we have a very unique way of life. We are watermen, farmers and bankers and lawyers all together. You may drive down the road and in one mile of road see 5 run down shacks and in between them 2 million dollar homes. Here markets switch with every call. You can't expect someone to pay 200.00 to wash a shack but you can expect to get 500.00 + on the mansion. Weird sometimes. Then you encounter the good ole boys who have worked hard and made it but still feel like they have to pinch pennies and eat beans and rice for dinner. I have been to the store and actually ordered a hoagie, a hero and a sub. LOL depends on the neighborhood. We get alot of Jersey folks moving here all the time. No sales tax and green trees everywhere are the major factors. The other 2 counties in De (thats right we only have 3) are more populated, but have less land than Sussex. They call us "Slower Lower Delaware" but I like it like that. We get a bad rep and they call us rednecks. Blows there mind when they find out Im Vice President of a masonry co. Own my own business and have been to college. People think that because your from Sussex county you can't be smart. Lol so much for their stereotypical B.S. Back country roads with chicken s--t on the fields for fertilizer. LOL country roses. Im just saying this because demographics change here by the house, neighborhood etc... not the county or even the town. I just did a huge deck restoration project. Cost was 1,400.00, I bid one the exact same size just down the street and cut my price and still lost out, the next guy got it at 650.00. Crazy he wont make any money on it. 1250 square feet strip brighten and seal for 650. Not me. We have it all here in Sussex county, makes life very interesting and by the way...the fishin is gettin really good, may get ready to go catch dinner.

Man I see so much talk about the X-Jet is this just to sray chems or can you clean with these things as well I have looked and have not been able to find any real solid info about them,Like a demo video any know where I can get one .

Y'all bonkers, all but that city boy!

OTP, Ron did not catch a wild wave, more like a wild child and she sorta dragged him, butt and all full across the good old USA.

What happens when you migrate away from the rat race, smog infested, traffic clogged state of CA.

Oh is the North/South war about to start up again?

Old Hatefield/McCoy clan up in he hills awaiting for you guys so watch what your foot steps in out in the country.

Speaking of hatfield we have some of that family living here, in fact they own the local Bruick Dealership, was my neighbor till he bought a house up in the hills, we call it snob hill since all the rich folks live there.

OTP, you call yourself a city boy, ha, bet you live far away from the real CITY!

When I figure that one out I will let you know.

I only know I hate living in wall to wall concrete freeways and long for the more laid back lifestyle of country living.

Want to move out of CA to a state with more or should I say less of what CA has, and to a city of say 35,000 or so people with a major city over an hour away.

I remember all to well what that was like in the 50s. Never say those days are gone forever as they are not, just need to find the right state and town.

Wall to Wall Concrete and asphalt sounds like a City to me, and that is what I have. It must be real, as I just looked out the window and it is still there.

Country living would be nice, but wife is not very thrilled with the idea, still trying to convince her. Seems as though everyone wants to live and work close together, but being a mobile Business, I feel that we can live anywhere, as I will always be commuting, one way or another.