Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Pete Marentay

As posted on PWNA's site:

Pete Marentay Appointed to PWNA’s

New Vendor Advisory Board

It was good news for Pete Marentay but potentially sad news for the PWNA. Marentay, who was serving in his second term as a Director of PWNA, recently reported to the Board that he had finalized the sale of his Georgia-based contract cleaning company, Sun Brite Services. The sale does not include Sun Brite Supply, which he continues to own and operate.

According to a new By-law passed by the members earlier this year, non-contractors are not permitted to hold the positions on the Board of Directors (BOD). As a result, Pete had to resign from his position as Director. The entire Board expressed disappointment at Pete's departure, as he has been a long-time supporter and advocate for the Association and the industry as a whole.

Even before joining the PWNA’s Board of Directors, Pete taught seminars at PWNA’s conventions and co-authored the Wood Certification class. When elected to the BOD in 2001, he chaired the Certification Committee and continued to teach Wood classes for several years. He headed the search for a new management company when the BOD decided to hire JMP Productions in 2003. Pete was appointed as chair of the Communications Committee last fall where he started things off by spearheading the creation of the new Contractor Spotlight Award and later oversaw the development of the new "e-version" of Water Works. He is also credited with authoring the Ethics Statement and the revised By-laws passed earlier this year by the membership.

“Pete is a well-respected and knowledgeable individual who has helped the PWNA in countless ways over the years”. “To loose touch with him completely would be a great loss.”

In recognition of Pete Marentay’s commitment, dedication and experience, the Board immediately appointed him to the new Vendor Advisory Board, which was in the initial stages of being implemented. This new Board is intended to be a non-voting support group for the BOD. As the first Vendor-Member to be appointed to this group, Pete will continue to help the Communications Committee with its projects, including the ‘Clean Across America campaign and the conversion of the BBS to a library format.

“I would like to publicly thank Pete for everything he’s done for PWNA members and me over the years”. “Congratulations on the sale of your company and congratulations as well on your appointment to the Vendor Advisory Board, Pete. We’re all looking forward to seeing what you’ll accomplish in this new position.”

PWNA President

Paul Horsley

I have had the pleasure of working with Pete both on the BOD and off over the past few years. He has a wealth of knowledge to share, and is very giving of his time. I know he will continue to serve PWNA well in this new capacity, and we wish him every success!

Beth

Sign in to follow this