Sign in to follow this  
glock40

cabots

Question

Hi all im workin on a deck right now that has Cabots bluestone solid stain. I have talked about this in a previous post and now im doing the job. After applying the f-18 and at least 15-30 minutes of dwell time I was able to remove as good portion of it. But im having some trouble with a few cabots streaks that are left on the deck. I dont want to go anymore than 600 psi or get any closer to the deck to ruin the wood. (pressure treated) I have ordered the hd-80 and is not here in time due to u.p.s. Can anyone put some input as to how I can get these cabots bluestone streaks out that the pressure washer will not remove.

I also thought about using a square sander with a 60 grit paper on the bottom , what do you guys think?

7 answers to this question

Try increasing the strength of the F-18, and let it dwell longer on just those areas. You might also mix the F-18 with warm water rather than cold. Other than that, at times you do have to do some sanding regardless of what you strip with. If you have pics, post them...in case they can shed a little more light.

Beth

p.s. 60 grit sounds about right.

Also with the dwell times you should keep it wet with the stripper. Don't let it get dry. Your dwell on that stain may be alot longer on the runs. So spray it let dwell for 15 min. and spray it some more, and let it dwell for another 15 min. Beth is right about the warm water it helps.

Roger

Hey Ken its a big area to cover with a orbital, do you think a square sander will work?

I am going to tackle this monday july 4th for a few hours.

yes Ken a square sander , I thought by using a 60 grit it might help to remove the streaks. Let me know what you think ohh by the way happy 4th to all.