Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Thank you

Question

Well Grime Sceners, I finally finished my deck. While I'm glad to have worked my way through different things, I'm really glad to be done now.

I appreciate all the help you all have given me. I know I can wear people out with questions.

Of special note; the Osbourne Brush enabled me to get a real nice finish out of some pretty crummy wood.

I did a lot of lurking at the PW Institute and Steve's Cleaner Network also. Thanks to you all also.

There is a great market for exterior wood restoration here. I'm pretty excited. On the 27th I'm presenting my new service offerings of wood restoration and house washing to my BNI group. I started working on a marketing plan.

Well, here's a couple pictures of the deck. I'll post a couple of my house in the PW forum. Thanks again.

Bill Lightner

post-405-137772144745_thumb.jpg

post-405-137772144752_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Thanks guys.

Yes, that is RS Lt. Brown. The old wood is a bit too dark. The new wood is just right. Originally I had Gold, which I liked even more. But the UV is pretty strong, so I went with the product with more pigment. I sprayed the balustrades and lattice with my HVAC. But it turned the RS into fog. Looking forward to receiving a new wand from Texas.

The Osbourne was hard work. But pretty fast. I will be offering good/better/best for sanding. Good is standard sanding of hand rails and benches. Better will be buffing surfaces that the machine can reach. And Best will add hand sanding of the surfaces that the machine cannot reach.

I will also offer to replace bad wood. I thought that I would go with a linear feet rate. Does anyone have a rate that is good for them?

Also, I want to go after commercial accounts. Is anyone working for a property manager, HOA, or local gov?

I have a real good feeling about being in this market.

I'll put a couple before pictures up.

BL

post-405-137772144757_thumb.jpg

post-405-137772144761_thumb.jpg

post-405-137772144766_thumb.jpg

I will also offer to replace bad wood. I thought that I would go with a linear feet rate. Does anyone have a rate that is good for them?

BL

We do the cost of the lumber plus an hourly rate for the install (including the drive to HD or wherever :cool: )