Sign in to follow this  
Crownroyal

How do you get shingle tar off siding

Question

How do you get shingle tar off siding?

I have a local roofing company that I network with and they where wondering how to get the tar off siding when some slips on the side of a house. I used hd80 and brightener and 80-90% came off but I found that where they cleaned first with grease lighting made a chemical bond.

Any ideas?

Also the vinyl is some type of old no longer manufactured corrugated siding.

If the picture didn’t come up how do you add pictures to the post.

I’ve been having problems.

Does the mega pixel size of your camera affect if you ever get a picture on this board?

6 answers to this question

Are you talking about large amounts or splatters? In our construction exteriors, if we find splashes, we've had luck with Goo Gone or Goof Off....one of those Goo cleaners. You'd think that SH would work but we had NO luck with it.

Celeste

Are you talking about the shingles hitting the siding from the tear off crew letting the shingles fall without kicker boards.

Or are you talking about torch down roofing where if the guys are not paying attention and let the torched product run down the customers side?

The reason I ask is because I have run roofing crews during the winter and have dealt with both. The longer the second has been on the harder it will be to get off. Unless you can get it off on a 90 + day in the sun on some surfaces.

The files I try to up load are way to large to post it says. 195 kb is max

and mine is 534kb.

The stains are a conbination of tear off and the crews coming back and trying to clean with Grease Lighting.

Looks a lot like horse dun thrown all over the house.

maybe I can put pictures in gallery if you would like to see.

I did a test spot and you will see a difference but Not nearly where it needs to be.

Thank you for your help so far.

I have posted the photos in the Residential Gallery.

The roofing company has called and wants to have the Five sides of his house cleaned to the best of my ability.

Dave do you know of a good product to use to remove the tar scraches from this type of vinyl siding?

This is not a tar roofing job its a shingle roofing job.

delimolene? does it work to remove tar scraches?