Sign in to follow this  
h2owizards

A Li'l Help, Please

Question

I was wondering how 200' of hose running from a 1.8/60 pump to my x-jet would effect my chem ratio? I have a 3700/4 machine and using 12.5% sodium hypochlorite with my mix.

I know this question was asked on the last page of another thread but unfortunately, once again, I was not able to pull up answer with webtv.

Thanks for your patience and your help.

5 answers to this question

Ok, instead of figuring my chem ratio for a 4 gpm machine, I would figure it for 5.8 gpm. That would change my ratio from 1.6-1 to 2.2 or 2.3-1.

Can someone please tell me if this is correct.

THX

I only know of one person on this forum that has that kind of rig for the their x-jet, so more than likely no one is responding becasue they aren't quite sure. I use a cart mounted 20g tank with my M-5 xjet so I have no input on that set up. Just to throw out my opinion, I think that kind of set up would be more trouble than its worth becasue now you have an extra shurflo you have to maintain, clean out, keep charged. You have 200' of poly hose tie-wraped to your high pressure hose that you have to deal with all the time weather your using the x-jet or not, i.e. flatwork, etc.. I've found that the cart mount (at least they way I have it stream lined) to be quickest, most user friendly set up. There's another thread somewhere where this disscussion was worked over pretty good. I would do a search and see if you can find it. It would probalbly help some.

I've got a rig set up like your talking about and it's really not any harder than anything else. I've got a seperate reel for my hose though, it's not rolled up with the high pressure line. As far as the chem ratio goes, sorry I've never run the stats on it. I just "know" the right mix for what I'm doing.

Most of the time I just use it for doing roof cleaning so I'm using strait 15% bleach and pump it up to my x jet. I have a ball valve on that line to cut off the bleach and one on my high pressure line that I can use to cut back the water volume and change my ratio on the fly using the two ball valves. It works great for me!! I did a $1,000 roof cleaning job in 3 hours today.

Thanks Lance And Henry,

I had already checked the thread you are referring to, Lance but what you said kinda puts it in a better perspective.

Henry, pretty impressive! Roofs are mainly my thing along with house washes but mainly a whole lot of roofs. Thanks for the info. That really helps.