Sign in to follow this  
PLD

E-spec products

I inherited a box (40#?) of emulsifier plus and some pails of "gutter cutter" from envirospec. I assume that "gutter cutter" is a nickname for another product from espec but I cannot see anything of a similar name. The previous owner mentioned mixing in a 55 gal drum and part of the deal was an open top drum and a drum mixer.

All that said, can anyone tell me what I have and how to use it?

E-specs gutter cleaner is called "Ripper" and its not very good at all. The Emuslifer Plus is pretty good detergent for mixing with your chlorine. I use the emuslifer as my regular house wash and I get good results with it.

I use Emulsifier Plus and chlorine for my house wash mix and have been very pleased with the results. The box of Emulsifier Plus can be mixed with 55 gal of water to create a concentrate. When apply using a X-Jet mix 1 gal of concentrate with 4 gal of water. If bleach is needed replace 1 gal of water with bleach.

If you don’t want to mix a 55 gal drum you can make a 5 gal bucket of concentrate by adding 2 cups of Emulsifier Plus to 5 gal of water.

Hope this helps.

I have used the Ripper on many house guuters and works great without "Burning" the gutter's coating. It is similar chemically to the Power stroke they sell, and i use a lot of that product, so for tough gutter cleaning I use that.

I mix on site , concentration as needed and XJ and or brush on for detailed results and rinse when I rinse the rest. No more streaks and not damaged as some other chemicals I have used have done.

I have used the Ripper on many house guuters and works great without "Burning" the gutter's coating. It is similar chemically to the Power stroke they sell, and i use a lot of that product, so for tough gutter cleaning I use that.

I mix on site , concentration as needed and XJ and or brush on for detailed results and rinse when I rinse the rest. No more streaks and not damaged as some other chemicals I have used have done.

I've used the ripper many, many times when I bought some to try it out. I found the results were sub par. It took way to much elbow grease just to get results that were less than desireable. As far as burning the coating on the gutter, if you plan to acheive good results, and completly remove the streaks, there's no way to avoid removing a thin layer of the gutters glossy paint coating. That's why I don't opt to remove streaks unless the're in really bad shape. I also always warn the customer that every time I remove the streaks from their gutters, it's going to take a good bit of life out of the paint coating.

I have been very pleased with the results from either Premier, Power Stroke or Ripper for cleaning gutters with minimal elbow grease. I usually saturate the gutter and brush on, allow a dwell time of about 5 minutes or less is usually adequate and wash off. Sometimes i go back over a section if I am not completly satisfied (on a really bad section). and all is good.

I will have to say, I have seen the gutters and roofs in Fl and you have a different animal growning down there and it may be apples to oranges comparison????

Are you allowing adequate dwell time for the chemical to work and loosen black gue?