Sign in to follow this  
Hydroservices

Hose Reels

Click the banners that are at the bottom of the forums if they are for our site's vendors. (they change in rotation when you refresh the screen) They will take you sites that carry what you need. Look for:

Deck Guide

PressureTek

Southside Equipment

Sun Brite Supply

Beth

I am looking to get two new hose reels within the next week. Where would you guys/gals recommend I look for a good deal?

I bought one from Water Cannon a couple of months ago 300' capacity. Only paid 99.00 for it and its held up just fine. This particular one was on special at the time, but it was on special for a long time so who knows, maybe it still is.

I bought one from Water Cannon a couple of months ago 300' capacity. Only paid 99.00 for it and its held up just fine. This particular one was on special at the time, but it was on special for a long time so who knows, maybe it still is.
Would you happen to have a web site for Water Cannon?

I also purchased the 300' reel from Water Canon, and I would say it is a medium grade reel. I just had to pull it apart and weld the handle back to the inside of the reel due to a very poor tack weld from the factory. I do agree it is a good reel for the money.

I have Titan Reels 18" electric and 2 12" manual wind and have had them for about 3 years the only thing that wears out are the swivels.I bought the stainless steel models.They are proud of them but are worth the money.

Hey James see above I use it everyday it has s.s. pipe in the middle.The 12" model will hold 300' of 3/8.I run 12% through it everyday! Look at my set up the orange hose is 1/2 chemical hose it wraps around a 12" s.s. titan reel.Any questions.I run 5.5 gpm@250 psi 12% its an awesome reel.

What do yall recomend for my shurflo set up? I need a reel for 150 to 200 ft of 3/8 i.d. hose and please remember its for bleach. I use either a 45 or 120 psi pump.

Thanks,

James

Whatever reel you go with, Don't even bother using the swivel. Instead, make a pig tail and use the reel for rolling and storage. As far as I know, there's no reel on the market that has a swivel that will withstand high concentrations of chlorine. It will fail in a short period of time. I use a regular plastice reel from walmart with a pig tail equiped with a couple to attach to my pump. Its all plastic so it will hold up much longer for this kind of use than any steal one you can buy, and its a lot cheaper.

Well they do make s.s. swivels that are pricey or you can use a brass swivel which is what I use and have had the same one for 8 months now but I do rinse it. ( brass holds up pretty well if you rinse it).

What do yall recomend for my shurflo set up? I need a reel for 150 to 200 ft of 3/8 i.d. hose and please remember its for bleach. I use either a 45 or 120 psi pump.

Thanks,

James

try looking for air hose reels.....but only use it for the storage and reeling it in....

Type in Titan reels in a search engine and you can see the catalog and if you call the number they should be able to hook you up with somebody.

There are some great vendors who also post here on the forums. They have what you are looking for. Have you tried calling any of them? I'm sure they would be glad to offer some suggestions based upon what you are trying to accomplish.

Beth