Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Sealer coverage???

Question

What kind of coverage are you getting from which sealer?

We are thrilled with the Wood Tux coverage. We did a deck that was about 16 years old and it was in miserable shape. Coverage was about 150 sq ft to the gallon. On new wood the best we have seen is 225 sq ft to the gallon. For the most part we are averaging 200 sq. ft to the gallon.

Beth

4 answers to this question

Super deck is getting about 150-200 sq ft to the gallon. On the last old deck I did it was only getting about 125 sq ft to the gallon.

I had a guy call me today and ask if I could remove super deck sealer from his half Concrete and half Pavement driveway. The poor guy had the stuff fall off his deck down the side of his house and it rolled all the way down his driveway. Does any one know of a way to remove the sealer, also the pavement has some kind of sealer on it. He said it was light sand mixed with a tar sealer. Allso how would you charge for this?

I don't think I can generalize how many s/f to the gallon is typical. The age, condition and species of wood present too many variables.

Between 100 and 200 s/f per gallon is my response.

What I can't stand is when you get a job and the cracks in the boards are huge and the deck is really super dry and gray, and MAYBE they threw bleach on it once for good measure when they rented a machine... the wood never looks good, no matter what you put on it, and they never understand why. Know what I mean? It's always nice when the owners care for the deck well... decent boards, grain in good shape. You really do get so you appreciate them.

Beth

Guest rfitz

my average with Ready Seal is 150 sq ft to a gallon,

175 to 200 on new wood, and 100 sq ft on older wood, but then again

there probably isnt a contractor in my area that puts as much oil into the wood as I do, and I usually wait at least 24 hours in between coats,

it will make a huge difference in how the wood appears in a few weeks

if you wait the correct amount of time, I wait until the surface is dry until I apply the second coat, that is what makes Ready Seal so unique