Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

two stepping with wax

Question

I apply plex master as a 2nd step as it is recommended. I was the house, rinse, apply wax, rinse again. It is a great up sell and I know that it is better to do it this way. I will continue to offer this process as an upgrade for a small fee. I was just wondering if anyone has put this in their house wash and if it is effective. I am thinking about doing so for free. In case the home owner is looking for the cheapest way.

4 answers to this question

What do you charge to apply the plexmaster and how do you put it on? I offer it in my platinum level wash. There are many guys from Cleaner Network that put wax right in the housewash mix. I cannot understand the chemistry of that though. I would think the caustics in the mix whether they be butyl or sodium metasilicate would dissolve the wax or at the very least alter it chemically. I must be missing something.

That's kind of my thought, too. The wax is made to wash off with the next cleaning, so it doesn't build up and yellow. I'll talk to my supplier tomorrow and see what he says.

I dont charge much for it. It is a considerable amount of extra work for me though because I wash and rinse the entire house, then i use the brown portioner ( i think) with x jet to apply and rinse. Most customers go with it. I agree that the wax probably breaks down when mixed with most house washes with chlorine but I am not posative. I also think that the soap does not adhere to the siding as well when there is wax but I could be wrong about this also. I do know that the wax does not form a uniform film when applied this way. I dont think they would tell people to take an extra step applying this stuff if you do not need to. You can buy car wash soap with wax in it also but everyone knows that it is better to two step it. I just figure that some customers might be happy to know that they are getting free wax.